9. beer pong

guys i changed who plays taylor. i changed the picture in chapter 4 and i added a gif of Deborah Ann Woll, who plays her :) 

Chapter 9

“Gem, you forgot your ke-“

                He never finished his sentence as he looks up, and stops his footsteps from coming any nearer. Familiarity floods his senses and I know he recognizes me, like I remember him.

                He looks exactly what I pictured him.

                He looks exactly like the boy in my dreams.

                “Harry?”

Emma’s POV

I didn’t dare move once, or even speak.

He looked so much older now, mature.

I didn’t want to believe it was him and I thought my mind was deceiving me, until Jenna confirmed my thoughts and called out his name.

“Emma?” Harry called out my name, not even answering Jenna. He never took his eyes off me, and my eyes never left him.

Everyone looked at me, waiting for my response.

I finally spoke up, “Y-yeah, hi um H-harry.”

My voice betrayed me as I stuttered and I could no longer look at him. Tension was rising in the air, and I knew he was still looking at me.

As I looked up, his face no longer held confusion or surprise, but a smirk.

His hair was wavy, with a curl here and there. It no longer resembled a mop, like when we were kids. He wore a plain white t-shirt, the neckline stretched down enough that you could spot tattoos littering the skin of his chest. Two swallows peeked out, resting under his collarbones. His legs were covered with tight black skinny jeans, and finally a cross necklace, dangling loose from his neck.

I didn’t realize I was staring, until Gemma spoke up and told us it was time to head to the party.

I looked up again and the same smirk was still plastered on Harry’s face. He was aware of my staring.

I looked away and walked to Jenna, where I was instantly tugged by the arm and lead into the kitchen.

She called behind us and told Gemma and Harry that we had to pick up a few things.

“Spill.”

“So… The kid I left ten years ago, yeah, he’s your cousin.”

She stood there stunned, not knowing what to say or do.

Right before she was about to say something, a figure came through the kitchen door.

“Yeah, um ladies, we got to go now if we want to get there on time.” Harry told us, but was looking directly at me.

Jenna noticed this eye contact, switching her head left and right to look at me, then Harry, then back to me again. None of us broke eye contact, until Jenna pulled me by my arm, again, and led me to the car.

As we passed by Harry, to get out of the kitchen, I could hear him mumble a, “long time, no see”, that only he and I could hear. Our arms brushed against each other, tingles went down my spine, Jenna still oblivious to our interactions.

~

The car ride wasn’t that bad. I sat in the back seat with Jenna, Harry in the passenger seat, and Gemma driving.