15. bestest friends forever

excuse any typos

Chapter 15

Emma’s POV

The school day consisted of Harry and his “friends” tormenting me throughout the day. During class they would purposely sit by me and make the teacher think I was either cheating, or abusing one of them.

At the end of each class that happened, I would explain to the teacher that I’m new here and everything would be cleared up. Sucks for them.

During lunch, of course I was sitting alone, so one of the boys decided to drop their food on me, coating me head to toe with spaghetti.

I came home, still smelling like spaghetti, and took a nice, long shower, hoping to remove any excess tomato sauce or noodles. I stepped downstairs in my night clothes when I was greeted by my mother.

“Hey, what’s for dinner,” I ask her, hoping she does not say spaghetti.

“Anne and everyone are coming over for dinner. Now hurry up and go upstairs and change,” my mother replied in a monotone voice. Not a single trace of emotion was caught when she spoke, she didn’t even look at me.

“What!” I spit out, dismissing the fact that she’s in a bad mood.

“Don’t let me repeat myself Emma. Change.” She turned around and began preparing food for everyone tonight.

I turned around too, questions racing everywhere on why my mother is in such a mood. I huffed as I traveled up the stairs and into my room, changing into a pair of black skinny jeans, my black shirt with “Nirvana” printed with yellow writing in the front, and threw on a gray-knit cardigan over it.

I made my way back downstairs and noticed Anne already here helping my mother prepare the food. I greet her hello, and take out the plates and silverware for dinner, but a hand stops me.

“Just five sets dear.” Anne smiles at me. I look at her confused, but before I could even ask who is not attending, she answers for me. “Gemma is back at the university,” I open my mouth wide in shock. She wasn’t supposed to go back until January! She should still be here for a few more weeks.

Before I could ask her why, my mother beat me to it and apparently, she wanted to get a head start and not cram during the New Year. I didn’t really find that a reasonable answer, but I didn’t want to intrude on their conversation any longer, and made my way out of the kitchen to set the table.

Gemma didn’t even say goodbye to me, weird. She was so excited to see me, and then all of a sudden, she just wants to leave? Nothing adds up.

I bent over the table to set up a table set on the other side, when a hand grabs by butt. I squeal and turn around to reveal a smirking Harry.

“What the hell Styles?” I yelled at him. “You can’t- you just can’t, ugh!” I screamed exasperatedly. His smirk turned into a smile as he noticed my choice of words. I didn’t want to tell him to “not grope my bum”, our mothers would hear.

“That’s what you get when you bend over the table, babe.” Harry said to me. His body was only a few inches away from mine, as it sandwiched me between him and the table. I guess kinky Harry was back.

I didn’t question him on why he called me babe, but instead I pushed his form away from mine, remembering the jerk at school today. I picked up the last two dinner sets to place them on the table, when an arm wrapped around my waist to spin me around.

The bottom half of our bodies were now flushed against each other, only the two plates and utensils in my hand separating our top halves. Harry’s wide and bright grin reminded me of the Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland, when he noticed how flushed and frustrated I was with him. I try to push him off once again, but he wouldn’t budge, instead he started laughing.