Chapter 4

"You can read really fast." I say crossing my legs. It was cold out so I was wearing black leggings with brown boots and a white knitted cuff above them. I wore a maroon shirt and held a small cup of coffee in front of me with both my hands wrapped around it.
He smiled, "Yeah I can read 20,000 words per minute." I almost choked on my coffee and covered my mouth with my hand until I swallowed.
"Are you okay?" He asked concered.
I nodded and coughed once.
"20,000 words a minute?" I ask faintly still trying to catch my breath.
"Yeah. I also have an eidetic memory."
He said taking a sip of his coffee. I widened my eyes to show interest.
"So you're telling me that if I were to say one thing and then a few weeks later say another, you would know I'm lying?" I asked.
"Not necessarily. It's more of a seeing thing. But I'd probably be able to know you're lying considering a few weeks isn't that much time to forget something." I rolled my eyes at his logical answer. I set my coffee down and stood up.
"I'll be back. I'm going to go to the bathroom." I walked away and turned down a hall where paintings were hung. I smiled at one of a purple elephant sitting down and lifting it's trunk. People crowded the bathroom area and I scowled at the odds of me actually getting in there. I turned around and ran right into someone. He was tall and had muscles. He gently touched my arms as I backed up.
"Sorry." I say looking up at his face. Defined jawline and blue eyes. And then I remembered. I remembered him. And I prayed that he didn't remember me.
"That was my bad, I'm sorry." He stared at me for a moment and I walked out of his light grasp and back to the table with Spencer.
"Spence, I'm feeling sick. Let's get out of here."
"Of course." He said throwing his empty coffee cup away and holding the door open for me. It wasn't completely a lie. I did feel sick. But that was after I bumped into my brother.