Chapter 8

I woke up to a cold woman's hand on my face. When she saw I was awake she pulled over a large bucket of water.
"I'm going to wash your hair, okay?" She asked. I sat there for a moment wondering what would happen if I said no but I decided not to test it. I let her dip my hair in the warm water and wash it with shampoo and conditioner. She then wrapped my hair in a towel, wet a sponge and gently washed my face.
"Sarah, why are you doing this?" I asked. She just gave me a sad smile and continued. "If he is making you do this, I can help you. You just have to get me-" I was cut off by her shushing me.
"It isn't him. I enjoy doing this. I get to make you pretty like a barbie doll, and then he gets to have his fun. It's like we were made for each other." Her voice was kind and gentle.
"Sarah, you aren't a murderer. I know you aren't. If you get me out of here I can help you." It wasn't working.
"Hush now." She walked over to the end of the room where she picked out a red nail polish and painted my nails. She then began the process of my makeup. She did pink blush, red lipstick, black eyeliner, fake eyelashes, and natural eyeshadow. She did my hair in a 50s girl style and put me in a yellow dress. She lifted my face and smiled.
"You look beautiful." She said. She walked upstairs and instantly knew where she was going. I heard him come down the stairs.
"Well look at you. You look very pretty." He had been drinking. I could tell from his breath, the way he walked, and the way he sounded. I was all to familiar with drunk guys. He grabbed my face in his hands and I tried to pull away. His hand smacked against my face and I could feel the heat on my cheek. I realized my whole body had moved from the impact. I felt weak, but I wasn't weak enough to let him hurt me. I blocked his next hit coming straight for my face but his other hand grasped around my throat and pushed me up against the wall. The chain around my ankle tried to pull me down but he kept me up.
"You won't win." He said.
"You don't scare me." I replied.
"Are you sure about that?" He laughed. I spit on him and he brought up his fist.
"Jacob Tower let go of her and put you hands on your head." It was Reid voice and I had never been happier to hear it. He let me go and I fell to the ground. Morgan aggressively handcuffed him and took him upstairs. Reid ran over to me.
"You okay?" He asked. I pulled him into a hug and he hugged me back. His vest  pressing up against me was uncomfortable but I didn't want to let go of him. I finally did and they got me out of the chain.
"You okay?" He asked me again on the plane.
"I'm not hurt." I said, "I'll be okay. What about you?"
"What do you mean" He asked.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Yeah. I'm okay now that you're okay." He said. I grabbed his hand and smiled. Find a place inside where there is joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.