Starting Over

We took almost one hour to devise a plan and we need we need to act it out immediately.Since   sister-in-law and mother were the only ones who knew that we switched , the nobles were informed that the Ambassador, which is the Duchess of Antoweif, was the one who died.

Auguste immediately sent a letter to mother through a pigeon so she will know that I am alive. He also included in the letter that they must go to the Antoweif household to have my detour   before heading to the capital.

After accomplishing this, Auguste told the coachman to start the carriage. This time, I took the opportunity to tell him the reason why I did something so foolish.

"Unforgivable." Auguste said after hearing my story. I saw him clenched his fists.

I bitterly smiled. "I know that feeling quite well."

" Are you planning on getting the engagement annulled? "

" Absolutely, after all, they wanted my life. It's normal that I won't continue the engagement. But... Not for now. I need more power in order to completely control the kingdom. Although I established a deep friendship with some of the powerful houses, it is still not enough. When a revolution comes along, it will still be my complete defeat. Another factor is Lutrania, who had developed an incredibly strong military, I cannot just cancel it anyway."

"I agree to that fact. Because their kingdom was defeated in the 30 year's war, the following generation became so obsessed in strengthening their army so it will not happen again."

"Right now, our army is still not stable because of the civil war that happened before my father's ascension to the throne. This is a great threat, Auguste. We need to act immediately after we settled things."

"As you wish, your highness."

We ended our conversation. I just woke up a while ago and I felt tired just by thinking how can I straighten things out.

Two more hours when we reached the territory of Antoweif. Auguste told the coachman to follow a specific route that will lead to the secret underground passage that connects on the basement of the Antoweif castle.

 Auguste  told the coachman to follow a specific route that will lead to the secret underground passage that connects on the basement of the Antoweif  castle

I suddenly remembered that I once resided and governed this fief. It was given to me by my father and I happily lived in here for a year before I gave this territory to Erin after the death of my older brother.