A Duke's Confession

Author's Note: So, I just want to clarify some things. Things will be very very busy for me for this year and the following year. (I'm going to take the board exam for Accountancy licensure.)
I'm currently on my review proper so things will take longer for the following updates. I hope all of you will understand.

So pleaassseee, don't let me rush things. I'm also human too. I don't want to give other readers a half-assed chapter. All I ask is a little bit of patience.

I'm going to release the portraits of the characters soon. Maybe a week or two.

So here's the chapter... Please do enjoy. 😊😊😊

**********************
Princess' Designated Quarters
Schubner Villa
7:00 am

Strong winds entered the windows of my room. I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent of the sea breeze. My maids hurriedly went to close the windows to prevent messing my room further. One high ranking servant ran to my direction holding a blanket to warm my body from the cold winds. I am still wearing my night gown because it's still too early to get outside.

As if nothing happened, I turned one page of the book I'm holding and continued reading.

Half an hour passed and I still haven't drank any thing. I rotated the teaspoon inside my cup once more and heavily sighed.

"Your highness? Is everything alright?" Lady Charlotte came to my side and changed my tea with a warmer one.

"I am fine. You do not need to worry." I lifted my head at her direction and checked if all my ladies were present.

"Where is Lady Louella?"

"In her room, princess. She told me she's unwell and can't make it for today." Charlotte answered.

"Hmmm... Is that so?" I paused as I lifted the cup to my lips and sipped to warm my throat. I put the cup back and talked. "Get her some supplements and nutritious food later. Also, when we get back to Antoweif, I'll start your monthly check ups with my physician. I can't afford to let my ladies contact diseases."

"Many thanks, your highness. You are truly kind." Lady Adriana said and all of them bowed their heads in unison.

I stood up and called her, she's the head mistress of my ladies-in-waiting.

"Yes, princess?"

"You'll be the one to accompany me from now on. Let Lady Louella recover first."

"It's my pleasure, your highness." Lady Adriana responded.

It's obviously a lie about Lady Louella getting sick. She is a very healthy lady, and an overnight sickness will not let her knocked out. I already knew her best friend, Lady Charlotte will cover for her absence and knew what happened last night.

"For now, do not let anyone enter my bed chamber, even Lord Giovanie. I want to rest before the tea party this afternoon." I walked towards the door of my chamber and didn't dare to look at them. I locked the door to make sure no one can enter.

I heavily sighed once more. It is still early morning but I felt the entire day passed by. I dragged my body until I reached my bed and plunged onto it.

"This is frustrating." I told myself as I grabbed my pillow underneath my back. I fixed myself and snuggled under my warm golden blanket.

I was too restless last night causing my lack of sleep.

***FLASHBACK LAST NIGHT***

I wasn't able to react when Auguste's lips touched mine. He pulled my waist closer to him and gently teased my lips so I'll open my mouth.