A Secret Attack

Author's note: Hello my dear readers!!! Oh gosh!!! Cheers for the thousand reads!!! It's pretty overwhelming right now. 😊😊😊 Anyways, the updates will be very slow because of my upcoming licensure examinations. I need to focus on my review so please please please... bear with me for a while. Ok! That's it for now. Here's the new chapter. Enjoy!!! 🎉🎉🎉

A week later...
Antoweif Castle
Study Room
10:00am

"Your popularity rose after the trial. They even gave you the title, 'Fair Princess'. Your improving reputation is the hottest topic for the last few days in the court." Giovanie told me the latest gossip as he placed his chess piece. He made a move. Since I'm not busy today, I asked him to play chess with me.

"I owe everything to you." I caressed my chin lightly while thinking of my next move. I moved my rook.

"How can you come up with such testimony in a short span of time?" He made another move.

"I'm Edward's sister and granddaughter of the 'Eccentric King'. Who do you think I inherited such magnificent brain?" I grinned. I placed another chess piece on the board.

"What a confidence." He remarked.

Bang!

I slammed the table. "No fair! You told me you're just an average player. How come it's a draw?!" I pouted.

"I spent two years watching the borders. We play this game to kill boredom. And I always regarded this knight as an average.That's how I see myself."

"Hmmfff! You regard yourself as an average even though you're one of the highest scorers in the Royal Examination. What humility?!" I said with full of sarcasm. "The only one allowed to have a draw with me is my older brother. One more game!"

An hour passed and I was able to defeat him. I became suspicious because of my win. "Did you do it on purpose?"

"No. I gave the best of my ability."

"Good." My mood became lighter. He really knows how to please his master.

A knock can be heard and Lady Louella came in. She gave her respects and Giovanie smiled at her.

I saw her pretty face blushed. Aahh. These love birds... They really have the nerve to display their affections in front of me. Louella fixed her hair and slightly bowed her head to hide her reddened face.

I know we're violating my father's decree by not wearing any veil. But since this is my territory, I can do whatever I want.

"Your highness, Earl Sinclair wishes to see you."

"He's here?"

"Yes, princess."

"Oh. We must not let him wait. Have you prepared everything I need?"

"Yes."

"Come Giovanie. I would like to be an audience to my show." I devilishly smiled.

"You really do anything you want." He commented.

"I am the Princess of Sierra. Anything I do does not need everyone's approval." I proudly told him and got up on my seat.

*******
Receiving Hall
30 minutes later...

My ladies followed me and Giovanie as we enter. When the Earl and his wife saw my appearance, they immediately gave their respects.

"Formality is required only in the Palace. But I do appreciate your reverence to such rules. As expected of the Council Leader, Earl Sinclair is very attentive." I praised his pride. I smirked behind my veil.