Extra Chapter: The Second Prince's Past

This is just an extra chapter. Though it's related to the main story, I want you to know what happened to the cute prince. Enjoy reading!!!!

****************
Flower Salon
8:00pm

I was quietly sitting and reading some reports when I heard soft knocks outside. Lady Louella opened the door and Lord Giovanie came in with a grave expression.

Seeing his dark mood, I ordered everyone to leave the two of us alone in which they complied.

I stood up from my seat and pointed the couch for us to sit down. He waited for me to settle at the soft cushioned seat first before sitting down.

"You want to tell me something?" I started the conversation.

"Why?" Confusion was clearly seen on his face.

"What 'why'? Don't be vague."

"Why are you letting the Second Prince suffer? You are his sister. You're supposed to help him in this time." He said.

"So... You're pitying him now. He never learned from his past mistake, why should I help him? Isn't it proper to let him know the true meaning of retribution?" I uttered with full of mockery.

"This... Princess..."

"Enough. Stop defending him. You never know the reason behind." I calmly told him.

"Then how would I understand the situation?! You kept everything from me, princess. How can I properly serve my master if she always hide the truth from me."

His eagerness to learn about the past made me sigh. "Getting angry at your master, I will let you off this once. But before I tell you everything, calm down first. I get irritated seeing other person with that manner while I'm talking."

He closed his eyes and took in some deep breaths. After composing himself, he opened his eyes and smiled at me like nothing happened.

"You're learning fast, huh?" I grinned. It's a sign that he's slowly becoming a noble lord at my sight.

"My master told me I'm smart, so I need to live up to her expectations."

I heartily laughed. He had this audacity befitting a prince. I wonder what will change further as he transitioned into a politician. I can't wait to conspire with him in the future.

Seeing my mood at a good state, he stared at me blankly. I cleared my throat. This Knight is an impatient one. I think I need to train him more personally.

"It all started seven years ago..."

*****FLASHBACK****

Dragon Court
Royal Archives

"Big brother is as busy as always." I commented while reading Sierra's compilation of generals. Prince Edward and I were currently at the Royal Archives.

"Why'd you say so?" He stopped on what he's doing and lifted a crate of documents.

"Dragging me along here to use me. That means you don't have much time and needed my help." I answered. As I saw him having a hard time carrying the crate, I voluntarily offered to lend a hand. "That's heavy, let me help you."

He chuckled. "I'm a man, princess. Just stay where you are."

"But..."

"I dragged you here to hear some of your thoughts. Not to be my servant." He firmly said.