The beginning of one's end

Because of my busy schedule, I will not post some chapters next week. I'm still editing the following chapters. Hope all of you will understand. Thank you for reading!

**********

Next Day...

Moon Palace (Queen's Residence)
The Hall of Lights
8:00am

My warm black velvet petticoat swept the cold floor of the Palace Main Hall. Clutching my heavy and thick attire, I inhaled sharply. I requested the Queen to grace my appearance in order to tell her personally about my brother's situation.

I paced back and forth at the hall to warm up my body. I only stopped when I heard the Queen's Chamberlain announced her arrival. I paid my respects before the door opened.

"Why are you kneeling on the cold floor?! Quick! Help the princess up!" My mother fretfully spoke at my ladies. They immediately went to my side and helped me up.

"Your majesty... This is how I should respect the Queen. You cannot blame this princess." I gently said.

My mother, whose beauty glows even this stormy weather, held my hand. She's wearing a soft, lush black jacket paired with an golden-embroidered velveteen petticoat. Her hair was arranged in a braided bun neatly and she doesn't have any accessories due to hurry.

The 37-year old mother of mine is still stunning as ever. Her bright, soft blue eyes lovingly looked at me. "I know you're being filial. But to cross the storm on your way here and kneel to my front. This is too much!" She turned her head to her maids and ordered them. "Prepare the adjacent room and bring in the warm tea."

******
A moment later...

"You may all leave." My mother instructed everyone present when she saw me already comfortable on my seat.

They swiftly left the room for us to talk in private.

When they're gone, I took the chance to inform her everything that happened for the past month until now. After hearing my story, her beautiful face distorted.

"This is preposterous!!!" She went ballistic and slammed the table with such heavy force.

"Mother!" I cried out in response.I hurriedly stood up and placed myself to her side. "Please... You need to calm down. Let's think rationally. Nothing will come out good if we act our emotions out." I clasped my hands to hers and looked at her firmly.

"Elleithyia..." Her anger dissipated when she saw my reaction. She breathed out heavily. I supported her to sit.

"We have no other choice, then. Marrying off your brother will be the best solution." She uttered with a hint of irritation.

"I cannot disagree." I returned to where I was seated and looked at the snow-covered windows.

"This battle between you and the Earl is somewhat risky. He's taking every member of our family as his pawns. If he still persists, I can no longer hide this matter to your father. He's the King. He will get mad at me and especially you."

"You do not need to worry." I poured down some tea to my mother's cup and refilled mine. "As long as the secret of the Royal Family is still kept in secrecy, mother shouldn't be anxious. The Earl have suspicions,but this will be the last adjustment I'll be making on my calculations."

"Can you tell me?" Curiosity was seen clearly in her eyes.

"The most important matter right now is about brother's impending marriage, mother. It's our priority. Let the Earl enjoy some sweet moments before dragging him down under the mud." I sipped the warm tea with pure sophistication. I avoided her question to focus on what's significant.