Chapter 13

Ivy's POV

I roamed the halls of the house, taking in all the marks and designs in it as I listened to DNA by Lia Marie Johnson through my earphones.

"Hate to see you like a monster so I run and hide. Hate to ask but what's it like to leave me behind?" I sang softly, memories of my father's abuse coming to mind. I breathed in shakily as I looked out the window, admiring the landscape.

"I won't be, no I won't be like you. Fighting back, I'm fighting back the truth. Eyes like yours can't look away, but you can't stop DNA. No you can't stop DNA." I sang, remembering how abusive my last boyfriend was to me.

A figure stood beside me for a little while before their hand wrapped around my shoulder reassuringly. I looked down at the hand before looking up at the person, their dark green eyes piercing through mine.

"Come on." Miles spoke with a smile, nodding towards the living room. I followed as we walked in, his hands grabbing a bowl of chips as we sat on the couch. I grabbed some chips, his attention focused on me after a bit.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"Yes... Thank you." I smiled before grabbing more chips. Dylan walked down the stairs with a huge smile on his face, walking towards Miles and I.

"Hey Ivy, can Roni borrow some sweats? All of her clothes are with Giovanni." Dylan asked, receiving a nod from me before I walked upstairs. I grabbed some plain black sweats before going to Roni's room, knocking on the door lightly.

"Come in." I opened the door slowly, finding Roni in one of Dylan's shirts. Felicity and Harley are sitting in front of her with smiles.

"Hey Ivy, thank you." Roni smiled, grabbing the sweats after I handed them to her.

"What's going on?" I asked as Roni slipped the sweats on.

"Felicity wants to know what it feels like to lose your virginity. Not sure why because she's a good fledgling who isn't gonna lose her virginity now, right?" She pointed at Felicity who was a bright shade of red.

"Right right. But I honestly wanna know what it was like your first time, and yours too Harley." Felicity stated. I sat down to listen to Veronica talk as she fixed her hair into a messy bun.

"Well, Miles and I had already been dating for... almost three years I think. Yeah it was three on that day." She started, my jaw dropping.

"Your first was Miles?!" I asked a bit shocked, Veronica chuckling.

"Yes. And I was his first. Who did you think I lost mine to?" Veronica chuckled.

"Dylan."

"Oh no, I was going to but he left... Well anyways, he was really... Innocent and he didn't know what he was doing and neither did I, so that made the both of us very nervous. So at first it hurt as he went in and the first few thrusts did too but after a while it didn't hurt anymore." Veronica explained with a shrug.

"How many guys have you slept with?" I asked.

"With my consent or without it? 'Cause without it... Lets leave it at a lot. But with my consent, just Miles and Dylan." She spoke softly, her facial expressions speaking her words for her.

"I'm sorry if I triggered those times when you were-" I started but she just shook her head absent mindedly.

"No... It's f-fine." She stuttered, grabbing her arms as she turned away from the girls and I.

"Hey Roni, are you-" Dylan spoke as he walked into the room, his actions halting as he laid eyes on Veronica.

"Come on Veronica..." He spoke quietly, grabbing her hand softly.

"Thank you girls for the clothes." Roni smiled sadly before leaving the room with Dylan.

"She... She has a lot of bad memories on her shoulders... And sometimes she gets triggered and everything comes rushing in. She'll be fine and get over it." Felicity reassured me before the three of us made our way downstairs. I looked towards the front door, watching Dylan talk to Veronica quietly before kissing her forehead. A smile appeared on Veronica's face as she nodded, the two leaving the house.

"We will leave in a little bit when Veronica and Dylan come back." Chris stated as I sat down next to Miles. He smiled at me, a frown finding it's way to his face as he looked at me.

"I think I made Veronica feel bad." I stated quietly.

"Don't worry about it. Dylan will talk to her and she'll be fine." He reassured me, grabbing and squeezing my hand before letting go of it.

Veronica's POV

I watched as we drove by a town, parking next to an outdoor mall to buy some clothes. I stood outside of the car door and waited for Dylan to make his way over to me.

"I love you." He whispered as he draped his arm over my shoulders and kissed my temple.

"I love you too." I smiled as we walked into a store. I grabbed clothes and shoes, filling up a cart before paying for everything. We walked back to the car with all of the bags before I grabbed an outfit and shoes and changed as Dylan drove back to the house.

"Where are we going with the rest of the mafia?" I asked after changing.

"I think we are going out to eat." Dylan spoke as he looked over at me. His lips pressed against mine quickly before he continued to drive, my fingers playing with his hand as I held it.