Chapter 55

Harley's POV

I sit down on the bed, a sigh escaping my lips as I compose myself and wait for Ryan to come in. The door opens, Ryan motioning for me to wait as he listens to the person on the phone.

"No. Send Gustav the file I gave you. That is all I need for you to do. And tell him not to call me tonight." With that he hangs up, coming closer.

"You wanted to talk?"

"I think we should break up." I state, Ryan chuckling as he walks to the closet.

"Very funny, Harls."

"I'm being serious. I don't want to be with you anymore." I snap, Ryan raising his eyebrow at my tone. He shrugs before going to the door and opening it.

"Okay then, you can go and get ready." He states, my eyes widening as I realize he doesn't care. I nod my head and walk out, heading straight to my room. I shut the door, tears sliding down my cheeks as I slide down to sit on the floor. I pull out my phone from my back pocket, calling Lani.

"Hey, Harley!" She exclaims, a sob escaping my lips.

"Ryan and I broke up." I whisper, Lani staying quiet. I hear shuffling on the other end of the phone for a few minutes before hearing a door shut.

"I'll be over in 20." She states before hanging up. I stand up and wipe my tears away, going to my closet so I can grab my dress. I pull out my make up, grabbing my flat iron to straighten my hair. I begin straightening when the door opens, Lani coming into the room before placing her things on my bed. I turn around, tears sliding down my cheeks again as I hug her.

"Who called it?"

"I told him and he didn't care. He just told me to get ready." I whisper, a sigh escaping her lips as I try to compose myself.

"Let's get you all nice and dolled up, okay?" She smiles, a nod coming from me as I start to straighten my hair again. I hear music play, Lani smiling as she starts humming to the song.

"Roxanne, Roxanne, all she wanna do is party all night." She sings softly, a smile forming on my lips as I begin singing the song as well. I finish straightening my hair and take my shirt off, sitting down at my vanity to do my make up.

"Oh my gosh... I was talking to Kaitie at school yesterday and she said that Jason cheated on Rebecca with Ashley." Lani states, my eyes widening as I turn to look at her.

"Are you serious? I didn't think he'd have the balls... And with Ashley? Zeus, that's cold." I state as I continue doing my make up.

"So much for being best friends since they were born." Lani sighs, finishing up her make up before standing.

"Look at this meme I just found." I turn and look at her phone, laughing at the picture. The door opens, Ryan coming into view. I look up, his lips in a thin line as he shuts the door.

"He's upset you aren't crying." Lani states, a nod coming from me as I stand to slip my dress on. I slip my heels on and look at myself in the mirror, a smile forming on my lips as I look at myself.

"You look gorgeous." Lani smiles.

"So do you. Thank you for being here." I state as I hug her.

"Of course, girl. You were there for me when Lila died." She says softly, a smile forming on my lips. I grab her hand and lead her out of the room to go to the living room. I smile as I look at everyone, my mouth dropping as I see Roni walk out beside Dylan. Her maroon dress is gorgeous, and it compliments the all black suit Dylan is wearing. I approach the two as Roni fixes Dylan's tie.