Chapter 45

Ryan's POV

I grown as I follow Harley out of the club, my hand wrapping around her wrist as we finally get outside. She yanks her hand away from mine before turning around.

"Don't fucking touch me." She snaps before turning around. I follow her as she walks towards the car, relief washing over me as I realize she's not as pissed off as she seems to be. I unlock the car, Harley continues walking away from it.

"Harls, get in the car. Let's talk about this." I speak, she in turn ignores me.

"Get in the car, Harley..." I sigh as I watch her figure get farther away from me. I slam my hand on the hood of the car.

"Get in the fucking car!" I snap, Harley jumping at my outburst as she turns around.

"I have given you everything! And for what?! For you to treat me like some doll?! Well, mista J, I tell ya what! I don't fucking care anymore! You happy?! You called my love a joke and accused me of not loving you! Fine! I don't fucking love you and I never wanna be with you again!" She yells before turning around and running away from me. I groan as I pull at my hair before getting into the car. I drive after her but can no longer find her.

Harley's POV

I sob as I sink down against the side of the building, a car driving by makes me quiet down.

"Harley! Come back to me!" Ryan shouts as he continues to drive around. I go to stand but stop myself.

"Never again. No more obsession, no more craziness, no more Joker.  I finally see that slime for what he really is:  A murderous, manipulative, irredeemable-" I groan as I start thinking about him, my fists hitting the concrete floor beneath me. I stand up after a while, walking along the street as I think about what just happened.

"If I go back to Miles, I'll never hear the end of it... Maybe I could go back to Roni..." I sigh in frustration before looking at my phone. I begin to cry as I look at the picture of J and I during our anniversary date. I call Miles, a groan escaping his lips as he answers.

"Harley?" He asks with a mumble, a sob escaping my lips as I hear him speak. I hear shuffling on the other side of the phone.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks, sounding fully awake now.

"Can you come pick me up please?" I ask, sending him my location as he shuffles around a bit.

"I'm going to call Roni cause she is closer to you than I am. I'll meet you guys at her house, okay?" I agree before hanging up. I look around and walk to the bus stop seats on the side of the road, my sobs filling the quiet air as I try to compose myself. 20 minutes pass by before I spot a car, the car stopping beside me as I hop in. Roni immediately wraps her arms around me, more sobs erupting from me as I embrace her. We drive for a while, my eyes locked to my lap as I hear the rain land on the window.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" She asks, a shake of my head is all I can muster as a response.

"Well, I'm here whenever you're ready." She states as she pulls into her driveway. I look up and find Miles at the front door waiting for us. I get off slowly and hesitantly walk to him, his arms immediately embracing me as he sighs.

"I'm happy you're okay." He whispers, cupping my cheeks as he looks at me.

"We can talk about this tomorrow. You need to sleep." Roni guided us inside, leading us to the guest room that used to be my room. I smile as I look at all of the stuff I left behind.