Chapter 33

I fall onto my bed, learning about everything that a mafia boss is supposed to know isn't hard, what is hard is walking around in tight heels all day.

"Hey, Miles?" I call out, my partner in crime coming into the room with his dress shirt unbuttoned and his slacks missing.

"Do you have a cig?" I ask, his hand revealing two cigarettes and a lighter. I slip my heels off before moving to the balcony with him. We sit on the ground, our feet dangling off of the edge as we look out at the sun slowly setting over the lake in front of us. I take my cigarette and take a drag from it after it is lit, breathing out the toxins as I relax.

"I miss him..." I state suddenly, catching myself and Miles off guard. I sigh as I lean my head onto his shoulder, taking another drag of my cigarette.

"It gets better eventually. Just give it time." He whispers. We sit in silence as we listen to the light crash of the waves, the summer breeze relaxing me as I close my eyes. Soon enough the sun fully disappears, giving way to the night. Miles stands, pulling me up with him as he drags us both to bed. I lie down, his back meeting my own.

I wait a while before sitting up slowly again. I go to my luggage bag and grab a dress, a skin tight black dress with a low v front. I slip it on before grabbing my heels, pulling my hair in a high pony tail after teasing it for more volume. I grab my purse, sticking 60 dollars and two guns into it before grabbing it and leaving the room. I walk downstairs quietly, the sound of the TV playing in the living room pulling me to the room.

"Would you like to go clubbing with me, Aiden?" I ask as he comes into view. He turns his head before nodding, standing up to reveal the outfit he had on earlier. I fix his hair before we turn around and make our way to the front door, footsteps approaching us from behind.

"Isn't it a bit late for you two to be going out?" A masculine voice fills the air, Aiden turning around.

"I could say the same to you, Miles."

"I thought you were asleep." I speak up finally, turning around to find him dressed.

"Oh, please. I know you well enough to know you don't stay in one position when you sleep for too long. And you know the same for me. Let's go." He smiles, wrapping his arm around my neck.

"Can I come?" A voice comes from behind us. I'm the first to turn this time, Matteo standing before me. I smile and nod, a smile coming from him as we finally exit the building. We pile into the car Aiden rented, taking off once everyone was in. I look over at Aiden as he drives, the window next to me lowering as we enjoy the summer air.

"Thank you for bringing me... I don't go out much." Matteo speaks. I turn around and smile at him.

"It's our pleasure to have you with us." Aiden speaks up from beside me. Matteo smiles in return before looking out of his window. The windows rise as we listen to the music from the radio, Why Won't You Love Me by 5 Seconds of Summer playing. I look over at Aiden, his cheeks turning red as he listens to his boyfriend sing.

"Why won't you just love him, Aiden?" Miles asks as he moves forward, causing Aiden and I to chuckle. I look forward, Aiden slamming the brakes hard as a car suddenly stops before us. Multiple people come out of the car, my hand instinctively reaching for my purse as I grab my gun. The people start to head towards our car, Aiden and I mouthing the chorus of the song as a tapping on my window erupts. I lower the volume and lower the window, looking up at a guy.

"Yes?" I ask, the guy bending down to my level.

"Is he your boyfriend?" The guy asks, motioning to Aiden. I look over at him, looking at the girl beside him, acknowledging the other two men beside her and the guy next to the one near me.