Chapter 48

I wake up the following day, my alarm annoying me as I shut it off. I stretch before going about my daily routine to get ready for work, going downstairs after changing into my clothes. I make myself a cereal with a banana milkshake on the side before eating quickly so I can leave on time. I see Miles come into view in his suit, a sigh escaping my lips.

"You've got a meet to go to huh?"

"Yeah, Roni has a separate one as well so we won't be in the office today for a couple of hours. Make sure Nate and City help you with calls and errands." He replies, kissing my forehead before leaving the house. I grab my purse once I hear a car pull into the driveway, making sure I lock the door once I shut it. I turn around, my eyes widening as I see the person in the driver's seat.

"Let's go doll face, I don't have all day!" Ryan snaps as I groan, knowing he convinced Nate and City to not pick me up today. I sit beside him quietly as we head to the office, Ryan bursting out laughing all of a sudden.

"What's so funny?"

"You've improved your acting within the last year, Harls. I almost believe you're mad at me." He laughs, a frown forming on my face as I pull out my gun and point it at him.

"Laugh again and I'll shoot you." I hiss, causing Ryan's laughter to stop mid breath. We continue driving in silence after I put my gun away, Ryan grabbing my hand.

"I missed you." I shove his hand away as I feel my heart yearn for him.

"Baby, talk to me."

"Harley girl, you know you mean a lot to me. I had to get away from you so I could learn to love myself."

"That's complete bullshit and you know it. You left because you knew you fucked up. I was the only person who understood your jokes and you tossed me to the side like I was nothing. I was doing better without you if I'm being completely honest. That handsome brute I was with yesterday treats me so well, and that's why I don't love you anymore." I snap, Ryan stepping on the brake hard as he moves the car to the side of the road before turning to me. He grabs my throat and makes me face him, his fingers tight around my neck.

"You belong to only one person and that's me, Harls. And you need me as much as I need you."

"I don't belong to you anymore, J. And I don't fucking need you either." I snap, Ryan claiming my lips in his own as he pushes the seat back so he can lie on top of me. I feel his hands push my skirt up before pushing my underwear to the side.

"Don't belong to me anymore, huh? Then why are you so wet for me?" He whispers in my ear before lowering his own pants and briefs.

"Don't worry though, darlin'. I'll make sure you remember just how much you're mine." He states before sliding himself inside of me. I gasp out as he goes into me with rough thrusts, my hands clenching onto his shoulders as I pull him closer to me. His hand wraps around my throat again as he looks at me.

"Zeus, I've missed being inside of you." He groans as he quickens his pace.

"Puddin'." I gasp out as he grabs onto my hip tightly, his thrusts harsher and quicker than a few minutes ago. I feel his lips all over my neck, sucking and nipping at my skin as he slows down.

"Who do you belong to?" He asks in my ear, tightening his fingers around my neck once they are wrapped around it.

"You." I whisper.