Chapter Three

Savannah's POV

*Beep beep beep* I abruptly shoot awake due to the consistent racket the alarm on my phone is making. I rub my tired eyes and look around, trying to figure out where I was. I realize I am sitting at my desk. I must have fallen asleep doing homework last night. I glance down at my unfinished Biology, confirming my assumption.

I sigh and stretch, turning my alarm off. I have an alarm set for 5:00 a.m, which is exactly what time it is. I go downstairs and make myself a cup of coffee, trying to wake myself up. I have an hour to finish my Biology. Marissa doesn't have school today, so Mrs. Hood is going to watch her for me. I take my coffee upstairs to my room, and sit back down at my desk.

I rest my chin on my hand as I read through the textbook, finishing up the last couple of questions I had left from last night. I put all of my homework back into my bag, then zip it up and rub my eyes again. I grab my clothes for a shower, then go into my bathroom and do my routine.

I get out and dry off, then dressed and leave my hair down in its natural waves. I put on my minimal amount of make up, then put on my converse. I sigh and finally wake up, grabbing my phone from off of the charger.

After finishing my Biology and taking a shower, it is now 6 o'clock. I walk to Marissa's room and pick her up, then carry her downstairs while grabbing her bag of clothes and toys, then carry her next door.

I knock on the door to where I wouldn't wake her up. Mrs. Hood answers the door a few minutes after I knock, greeting me with a warm smile.

"Hi, Mrs. Hood. Thank you for watching Marissa today," I whisper, walking inside after she moved to let me in.

"You're welcome, dear. Anything for you," she responds, taking Marissa from my arms. Even though I objected. We walk upstairs and Mrs. Hood brings her to Mali's old room since she's away at college and doesn't use it unless she visits, then her on the bed gently. I smile and we walk out, shutting the door behind us.

"Calum's awake for once," Mrs. Hood informs, laughing softly at the end. I laugh as well and shake my head.

"That's a shock and awe. Normally, he'll sleep till 6:30," I speak, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Exactly my point! You can go see him if you want," she offers, making me nod. I walk over to his door and knock, him answering shortly after.

"Hey, Vanna," he smiles, pulling me into a hug. I hug back, resting my cheek on his chest.

"I texted you last night and you didn't answer, so I assumed you fell asleep doing your homework," he states, laughing.

"You would be right," I riposte​, laughing lightly.

"I mean, who assigns homework on the first day of school?" I question, shaking my head. We both laugh and break away from the hug.

"Obviously our teachers do."

"Yeah. I'm going to finish getting ready for school," I mumble, gesturing to myself.

"You look beautiful already, what else do you need?" Calum truthfully states, making me push him back into his room while laughing. I thank Mrs. Hood once more before going back next door to finish getting ready for school.

After I'm done, I meet Calum in his driveway for school. We piled into his car, then he drove off. We arrived at school after a 15 minute drive, then he parked the car and we got out. As soon as we got out, guess who decided to make an appearance? Stephanie and Allison, of course. I sighed and put my back pack over my shoulder, waiting for the nonsense to leave their lipstick coated mouths.