Chapter Five

Savannah's POV

I wake up on my bed, Calum standing over me with a worried look on his face. "Vanna, oh, my god! Are you okay?" He asks, making me nod.

"What the hell happened?" I groan, rubbing my head. This pain was so unbearable, my head is pounding.

"You blacked out after I apologized," he mumbles, biting his lip. I blacked out? It must've been from all the crying I did, I was most likely dehydrated.

"Oh, that's weird. Hey, Calum, can you go get me some water?" I ask, making him nod and leave the room. I sigh and look up at the ceiling, thinking about his apology. Was it sincere? It sounded that way. Calum comes back upstairs with water in his hand a few minutes later, handing the water to me.

I thank him and drink the water, then set the glass down on my bedside table. I bite my lip and play with my fingers, then take a deep breath.

"I forgive you, Calum. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did," I whisper, my throat dry and sore from crying.

He looks at me with disbelief on his face, then sits down on the bed next to me and bites his lip, taking my hands.

"Y-you do?"

"Of course I do, Calum. You're my BEST friend, I can't lose you. Even though I probably did after what happened at school," I mumble the last part quietly, looking down and biting my lip.

He lifts my chin up to look at him, the simple touch making my heartbeat rapidly increase.

"Hey, you'll never lose me, Vanna. You're the greatest best friend I've ever had, and it'll always be that way. I was just jealous because I've had feelings for you since middle school and I thought Ashton would get your heart instead of me. I didn't want him getting something I want," he confesses, making a fluttering feeling occur in my stomach.

"You don't have to worry about that ever happening. I only have feelings for you. I have since middle school," I reply, biting my lip nervously.

He gives me a small smile and I return it, wrapping my arms around his neck in a hug. He wraps his arms around me and hugs back, rubbing my back soothingly.

I breathe in his scent and smile more, then bite my lip and pull out of the hug and look at him. "So, uh, why did you ignore my text?" I cautiously ask, biting my lip as I wait for a response.

"I thought you needed space. I know how bad you felt at school and I was giving you space. It killed me seeing you cry, Vanna. I hate how vulnerable and broken you looked," he replies, making me blush a light pink tint.

"Thank you for understanding, Calum. I really appreciate you, more than you'll ever know," I smile softly, getting one in return.

I see him slowly lean in and I do the same, meeting him halfway. Once our lips connect, I feel a spark go off in my stomach and it gives me a tingly feeling. He kisses me softly and I kiss back, smiling into it a little.

We pull away and my face is multiple shades of red. I bite my lip and look at him, then smile.

"Vanna, I've liked you for so many years. I never did anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship and I was afraid you would reject me. Now that I know the truth, however, I have a serious question for you," he takes my hands again, looking into my eyes.

"Will you please be my girlfriend? I promise to be there for you through everything, just like I have been. You aren't going to be alone, trust me. I'll protect you from anything and everything. You're a beautiful, smart, amazing girl. Please," he asks, making me smile more and nod.