Chapter Seven

Calum's POV

I slowly open my eyes, smiling at the sight of Savannah sleeping next to me. After hanging out at Michael's house, we went to Savannah's to work on homework. We finished it luckily, but fell asleep right after.

Today is a half day at school, which I'm happy for because I have plans after school with Savannah today. Speaking of Savannah, I feel her start to stir before opening her eyes.

"Good morning, beautiful," I smile at her, and she returns it before burying her head in my chest. I laugh softly and rub her back, then kiss the top of her head.

"Good morning, handsome," she mumbles into my chest, then sighs and sits up, rubbing her eyes. "I don't want to go to school, I just want sleep." I laugh softly again, rubbing her back again.

"I know, Vanna, but you only have to deal with half a day. After that, it's just you and me. Come on," I kiss her temple and get up, grabbing some extra clothes I keep here.

I go into the bathroom and change, then brush my teeth and run my fingers through my hair. I exit the bathroom and see putting her homework in her bag. I smile and kiss her cheek, then let her get ready.

Savannah's POV

Calum comes out of the bathroom, and kisses my cheek. I smile and grab my clothes, then go into the bathroom to get ready. I change and examine myself in the mirror. I pin some of my hair back, then brush my teeth and put on my minimal amount of make up.

I exit the bathroom and grab my phone off the charger, sliding it in my back pocket. I grab Calum's and give it to him, then sling my backpack over my shoulder. "Let me go get Marissa up and ready, then we can leave."

I smile and go to Marissa's room, opening the door to see her bed empty. I furrow my eyebrows and enter the room. "Marissa?" I set my backpack on her bed, looking for her.

"I-I'm in here," I hear Marissa's quiet voice coming from the bathroom. I was just in there. I walk into the bathroom and see her bent over the toilet. I frown softly as she throws up, then rub her back and move her hair.

She throws up again, then flushes and sits against the tub. I grab a washcloth and wet it down, then clean her mouth and feel her forehead. "Mar, you're burning up." I sigh and help her up, then she brushes her teeth.

"No, no, I'm fine," she looks at me and I shake my head, picking her up and walking back into her room.

"Marissa, you have a fever and you threw up. You need to stay home from school today, okay? You'll be fine," I bite my lip and lay her down on her bed, "if you want, sissy will stay home with you today."

"What about your school?" She looks up at me again.

"Hey, you're my responsibility. If you're sick, I will be here to take care of you. Unless you want Mrs. Hood," I brush some hair out of her face.

"You can go to school, sissy. I don't want you to miss it because of me," she gives me a gentle smile, then nods.

"Are you sure? I don't mind staying home today," she nods again and closes her eyes. "Okay, I'll ask Mrs. Hood to watch you today. You get some rest," I kiss her forehead and sigh softly, then get up and grab my bag, leaving her room.

I go back to my room and frown softly again, looking at Calum. "What's wrong, babe?" He walks over and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Marissa is sick. I offered to stay home with her, but she insisted I go to school. I need to ask your mum if she'll watch her today," I bite my lip and look at him again.