11: Chick Flick Moments

Samuel had been in Mexico for over two weeks. To be much more precise he was at the bottom of an old Aztec temple guarding the entrance to a very old underground city. He was not the only angel there but he was the only angel inside the temple. He should have been grateful that he was not dead. He should have been grateful that he was not being locked away in Heaven's prison or that he had not been handed off to Naomi.

He was none of those things. He was angry, conflicted, and tired. All he wanted to do was fly off to Montana and protect his Soul.

Or maybe it was something else entirely.

The way Gabriel had explained it had him reconsidering everything he had ever been told. Everything he had have known. All of those angels.

That may have been the hardest part of the entire revelation. Not that everything he had known had been wrong. It was knowing that so many of his brothers and sisters had suffered because of a lie.

Debriel ran because of it. Lucifer Fell because of it. Raphael is hateful from it. So many other angels. Ruined by a potential lie.

Lucifer's promises were distant thoughts. Still there, but easier to ignore.

Then there was Debriel. Which he was still struggling to comprehend. Debriel was the first angel most angels ever truly knew. Debriel raised them and taught them all they knew, who they were, what they were, he spoke to them in the place of God. It was why so many angels had spoken so highly of him if not worshipped him, in secrecy of course.

It was in that moment of thinking of what his brothers and sisters used to say about Debriel that his Grace flared to life in a warning. Protect, save, rescue.

He almost flew. Almost, being the key word. Immediately he opened his link to Balthazar instead, knowing that his brother would be there guarding his Soul.

"Is everything okay?" He questioned his brother, his Grace warning him something was severely wrong. He held his wings to his back, making himself stay where he was ordered to be.

It took a moment but his brother did respond, "Everything's fine. Had a run-in with demons. If you're needed, Gabriel will pray to you."

He shifted uncomfortably as his Grace told him something was wrong. Very wrong. He trusted his brother's judgement but…

"Stop stressing. He's fine. I'm not but he's fine."

"What happened to you?"

"Demon got a blade in my wing. Watch out for that. Apparently one of our brothers is spilling secrets."

That was exactly what they needed. Demons targeting their wings. Why had Balthazar not warned them?

"Why have you not told anyone else of this development?" He questioned Balthazar.

"I told Naomi." Was his brother's response.

Samuel frowned at that, considering everything. Something was severely off with the Seraphs.

"Hey, Sammy." He jerked out of his thoughts when his brother, cloaked in that stolen god magic again, materialized in front of him. Absently his elder brother glanced at the roof of the mostly caved in temple before looking past him at the large golden door. "You realize this Seal is a waste of time, right?"

"What are you doing here, Dean?"

"Paying a visit to my favorite brother." Samuel gave him a pointed look and Dean rolled his eyes, "You wanted to talk the other day, I've been busy and every ounce of my power is telling me it's a terrible idea. Now that you know I'm up and kickin' your grace is reaching for me. Which needs to stop before the wrong Archangel catches wind of it."