Misleading

Chapter 15---Misleading

I watched as Seth walked by with Lynn.

“Ya know, Seth Maxis is a player anyway,” Jenn said. “You can get someone better.”

“I really want to believe you right now, but...I can't,” I replied.

“Do you want me to hit him for you?” Dex asked.

“As if you would do that,” I said.

“For you, I will,” Dex told me.

“And I'll be right there with him,” Jenn added.

“Seth didn't do anything wrong,” I admitted. “I keep running away from him whenever we end up having a good time with each other. He doesn't deserve that.”

“Ember, you deserve your own happily ever after,” Dex said.

“We just...have to find a way to get there,” Jenn told me.

“So do you guys,” I responded. “I mean, you two have done so much for me, but what have I done for you?”

“Well, if you ever come across a really nice, cool, yet kind of quirky guy, then keep in mind that I'm open to a dating,” Jenn pointed out.

“And if you ever come across a pretty, determined, and loyal girl, then tell her I'm free,” Dex told me.

I smiled a little.

“Why the face?” Jenn asked.

I fake-frowned. “What face? This is my face. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Ember, what's going through your mind right now?” Dex asked.

“You two just described each other,” I said.

They looked at each other and said the same exact thing. “What? Each other? No way!”

“Whatever,” I said, in a sing-song voice. “It was just a thought.”

“Dex is so not my type,” Jenn replied.

Dex gestured to Jenn. “And this is definitely not my type.”

“Seriously Dexter? You just called me this? I have a name.”

“Jenn, take a joke,” Dex said.

“I can't deal with you right now,” Jenn said, using her “drama queen voice”.

“Guys, let's just get to class,” I said, amused by my best friends.

*

At lunch, my dad called me.

Then, after school, we headed to the shop location.

“Regine!” I called out, as we saw her in the parking lot.

“Guys, this place already looks amazing just from the outside,” she said, as we walked up to her.

“Well, let's check out the inside,” Jenn suggested. “You'll probably love it even more.”

We walked through the front entrance and looked around.

Obviously, the place was still empty with a few stray hangers and hooks, but there was potential.

“This place is huge. And there's actually space for fitting rooms and storage areas. It's an actual shop,” Regine said. “Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Beautiful...Boutique.”

“Still the perfect name,” I stated.

“I volunteer to help with the interior decorations. I've always wanted to do something like this,” Jenn said.