Finally...

{FINALE} Chapter 21---Finally...

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that every cheesy fairytale has to have a happy ending.

It's a given.

Some might even argue that's it's not even the ending.

It's just the beginning.

Unless there's a sequel to the so-called fairytale.

Then, I guess the ending is...the middle?

But by experience, I also realized that nothing is as good as the original.

Yes, Jade and Ruby started "volunteering" at Regine's shop, but...tonight is the official grand opening.

We're all in fancy clothing.

The store is decked out so beautifully.

There's strings of lights surrounding the window display.

The theme is "Pucker up, Prince. Princess awaits."

Everything is in different shades of light blue and pink, and there's darker colors to signify the edgier part of classic tales.

*

I flipped through a copy of Cinderella, which was placed on a wooden table with the following: a wand, dress fabric, a few stuffed animals, a miniature toy carriage with a matching toy horse, and of course, a pumpkin. To top off the look, the whole table was sprinkled with glitter to add a touch of sparkle to the decor.

"Hey there, Emberella."

"What's shakin'?"

"Hey, Dex. Hi, Jenn." I greeted, without having to look behind me.

"How'd you know it was me?" he questioned.

I turned around and smiled. "I just know."

"We haven't seen you in a while," Jenn stated. "Have you been spending a ton of time with Prince Charming?"

"I've asked you guys about hanging out with us," I said.

"But then people would think that it's a double date," Jenn replied. "And I don't want people thinking I'm dating this thing?"

"I have a name, thank you very much," Dex commented.

"Dexter. Hmm...nah. I'd rather call you this thing."

"How rude!"

"Honestly you two, stop insulting each other," I said.

"She started it," Dex mumbled.

Jenn sighed and placed her arms around Dex. "A hug for my best friend. You know I make fun of you because I love you, right?"

"Love?" Dex repeated.

"I love you in a wow-you're-my-BFF kind of way, not a hey-let's-go-out type of way."

"What you do to me is love? I highly doubt it. Your comments about me are more on the borderline of harrassment."

I grinned and pulled them into a group hug. "Thank you."

"For what?" they asked, in unison.

"Like always...I'm thanking you for everything," I said.

"Hey there. What are you guys up to?"

"Regine, this place is packed. You did a great job at the rest of the designs," Jenn complimented.

"Well, I had a little bit of help from Jade and Ruby...emphasis on the little."

"That's the junior witches for ya," Dex said.