Prince Charming To The Rescue

Chapter 17---Prince Charming To The Rescue

"Why do I have to give it back?" I asked Jenn, as I watched her rummage through my closet.

"I told you. I want to help with the interior design of Regine's shop, and I wanted one of her outfits to be the centerpiece of the window display. What's better than your gown and shoes?"

"But they're so cute," I stated.

"That's exactly why they're so great for attracting business. Besides, you lost the other shoe. And, Ruby has a look-alike dress. Keeping it in your closet would just be a constant reminder of what she did to you."

I sighed. "Well, I guess you're right."

"And Regine told me you could get a refund if you wanted it, since she's taking the ensemble back from you."

"It's fine. I'll just hand it over to her. Are we heading over there today?"

"Yep," she replied.

"Is Dex coming with us?" I asked her.

"He wants to tag along, but he has to pick up something on the way."

"So he's gonna meet us there?"

"Exactly."

"What is he going to pick up first?" I questioned.

Jenn smirked. "You'll find out when we get to Regine's."

"Oh, no. Another surprise. This little thing doesn't have anything to do with me, does it?"

"You're our best friend. Whatever we do concerns you, so yes. This does have something to do with you."

I groaned. "I knew you were going to say that."

Jenn said, "You're going to thank us for this."

"I thought the plan was to not interfere with fate?"

"Hey, if fate is truly what it's meant to be, then it shouldn't matter what we do."

"This better not be another bust," I commented.

"Don't worry, Ember. I have a feeling that this is going to be very successful," she responded, as she pulled out the gown from my closet. "Now, where are those shoes?"

"You mean...a shoe," I corrected. "It's in a box towards the corner."

She rummaged through a few things and then held up the box. "Found it!"

"Wow, what an accomplishment."

"I sense your sarcasm," she told me.

"Good. That means that I'm getting better at being sarcastic."

"That's necessarily a good thing."

"Well, it's useful sometimes. Because if people can't tell that you're being sarcastic, it can land you in a boat load of trouble."

"How so?"

"Like, if you sarcastically state something that sounds like an insult. The person you're talking to might take it literally."

"Oh, good point," she admitted.

"Now that we have the stuff, let's get out of here," I suggested.

Pearl entered the room, right as we were about to leave. "What are you two brats up to?"

"Brats? I would hardly call us the brats. Your daughters are the ones you should be referring to as brats," Jenn told her.

Pearl frowned at her. "I don't like you."