Chapter 4, Squidbrain's Aquarium

As dawn peeked through their windows, Alex and Jamie awoke in their hard, plastic chair beds and went to wake up the others. As they walked they heard Tornadius snoring in his bed behind the kitchen. Kiarah was curled up in a ball next to the window facing where they came from.
"Kiarah! Kiarah wake up!' Alex cried, gently rocking her as she spoke.
Kiarah sighed and eventually stood up and stretched her back. They strode over to the kitchen and woke up Tornadius. He made a small serving each of scrambled eggs on toast. Alex didn't take this lightly as she hadn't eaten anything since she found the note on her parent's door. They sat at on of Tornadius' tables.
"Are ye all ready to go?" Tornadius asked trying to start conversation.
"We think so. You wouldn't happen to have any vehicles like a motorized scooter or anything?" Jamie asked, thinking about how long it would take if they walked on foot.
"Oh I have better."
Once they had finished their eggs, Tornadius took them outside to a small, locked garage.
"Um, we're not 18 yet so we can't drive cars." Alex explained.
"Ye think I didn't notice that?" Tornadius explained. He pulled out a key from his pocket and drove it into a keyhole in the door. It instantly rolled up to reveal 7 shiny, black pens on a small, rectangle wooden table. Alex, Jamie and Kiarah looked at him with confusion.
"Do you expect us to ride on pens?" Jamie asked.
Tornadius rolled his eyes at him and picked one up.
"This is more than a pen." He slightly leaned forward and held it out in front of him. "Now watch carefully," He pressed the button that was supposed to extend the nib, and the most peculiar thing happened. Handlebars sprouted from the nib and a large wheel expanded under it. At the speed of light the pen had turned into a motorcycle. It had expanded straight under Tornadius so that he was now sitting on it. "It will only work if you are a Lord of something, so little Lapgon child, I suggest you ride with one of them because if you try by yourself, it isn't goin' te' work," He implied. Tornadius dismounted the motorcycle and turned it back to a pen. He then put it in his pocket.
"Ok," Kiarah replied.
"Now, I have one for each Lord of the wild. Don't touch this one because it is mine. Don't worry about the police, these are supposed to be registered in the FBI, they'll probably think you're on your way to some emergency, Okay?" Tornadius explained.
"Uh, sure," Alex concluded. It was a lot to know, but she was sure she could remember it.
"Now you try, the motorcycle will respond to you when you touch the right one," Tornadius explained.
Alex and Jamie hopped over one at a time to test which one would be there's. Alex went first. She started with the pen furthest from the right. She touched it.
"ZAP!!" It gave her an electric shock. She quickly pulled back her finger in pain, and looked at Tornadius for help,
"Oh, err not the right one," He answered.
Alex went along getting zapped all along the line of pens. She thought that if she had 100 to test that her hair would frizz up after the 50th one. Until she reached the last one. It felt warm with her touch. As if sipping a warm hot chocolate. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right.
"This is the one," she decided.
She picked it up and followed Tornadius' steps. She held it out in front of her while slightly leaning over, and pressed the button. Sure enough, two handlebars erupted from the nib, and a sturdy, black front wheel popped out. And in the blink of an eye, Alex had a motorcycle under her. The hubcaps had orange flames painted on, and so did the metal bit over the wheel. It felt good, like it was meant for her. The number plate read, VOLCANO.
"Cool!" She exclaimed, smile growing on her face.
Jamie went next, and lucky for him, his was the first pen. His motorcycle was the same colour and kind as Alex', but it had tidal waves printed on instead of fire. The number plate read, NEPTUNE.
"Okay, I think that should be it for now. Oh wait, one more thing, now that you've given it your touch, it has given you back all the knowledge you need to ride it, I've put a list of what you need to do in the kitchen. I'll go get it now, along with some extra food. You all good with meat?"
"Yep!" They all chirped.
Tornadius jogged, in a "very" manly way, to the kitchen. The Lords and Lapgon child waited for about ten minutes before Tornadius came strutting back out with a plate covered in plastic wrap of raw burger patties, lamb chops, chicken legs and steaks. He also carried a platter full of fruit and vegetables such as carrots, apples, capsicum, etc. He also had 7 helmets: One for Alex, one for Jamie, one for Kiarah and four others for the rest of the Lords of the wild. Tornadius handed the helmets to Alex, who gave them out and put the rest in her and Jamie's saddlebags. He also gave them a map of only Melbourne.
"He we are," He handed the platter and plate to Jamie, who nearly toppled over from the weight of them. Tornadius then reached into his pocket and handed Alex a small piece of paper titled: To do list. Alex read it aloud,
"To do list
1. Take a bath
2. Make burger patties
3. Explain to Smoden that he is a worthless, little-"
Tornadius ripped it from her hands, red faced, and took out a different piece of paper, this time the real one. Alex read it aloud again.
"To do list
1. Find the other four Lords of the wild. I found out the location of one of them, he/she is at Hector's wild sea life aquarium
2. Find the Sharma
3. Bring whatever you get and the other Lords back to me to train
4. Face Smoden
Sounds good," She ended.