Better With Three

Boy, am I glad this wasn't the series nearly plagiarized . . . I would have died of a heart attack then. :/

Oh, and everyone . . . please pray for Americans' sanity tonight. We're gonna need it at this rate.

*coughs* Hopefully this distracts you! :)

***

Rose crouched down in front of the three graves that did not have any bodies in them, chewing on her lip. "Are you OK?" Anna asked as she and the Doctor followed suit.

"Yeah," Rose took a deep breath. "Just . . . first Christmas without them."

"I imagine it might be a bit quieter at the Estate," the Doctor guessed as Rose laid a few wreaths on the graves, Anna putting down bouquets of poinsettias as well.

"Mum was always the life of the party," Rose cracked a smile as they stood up, Rose pulling her coat tighter. "Don't know what everyone else will do."

"Is there anything else you want to do?"

Rose shook her head. "Christmas nowadays usually ends up with us having to save the planet."

"Will our Christmases always be like that?" Anna asked the Doctor.

"Don't jinx it, Mara," he chuckled, then looked around. "Give us a moment, will you, sweetheart?"

"OK," Anna said simply, skipping off to run through the trees.

Rose blinked, looking up at the Doctor as he stood up. "Something wrong?"

"Nothing wrong, no," he shook his head, digging through his coat pocket. "But the TARDIS helped us make something for you." He pulled out a TARDIS blue jewelry box and smirked. "Merry Christmas."

Rose took the box gingerly and opened it, her eyes instantly widening when she saw the rose gold rose-shaped locket, texture and everything. "Oh, my God!"

"Take a look inside," he urged.

Rose opened the locket, took one look inside, and clapped a hand over her mouth as her eyes teared up. "Doctor," she breathed in shock.

On one side was a picture Jack had taken in Cardiff, of her and the last Doctor and Anna by the Bay, Anna piggybacking on the Doctor, but grinning over Rose's shoulder. On the other side was a picture from their last Christmas with Jackie and Mickey: with the current Doctor and the last Anna. "So you won't forget," the Doctor put an arm around her, seeing Rose couldn't tear her gaze away from the pictures. "You probably wouldn't . . . but it helps to keep memories like this close."

"Thank you," she whispered, grinning widely at him. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome," he smiled, taking the locket from her. She held up her hair as the Doctor clipped it around her neck, and she tucked it under her coat. "You are now officially stuck with us."

"Oh, am I?" Rose grinned at him.

"Not a bad life," he grinned back.

"Better with three!" she laughed, kissing his cheek.

They heard giggling from the tree line, and they spun around to see Anna was peeking out of the branches with a camera in her hands. "Perfect!" she called.

"Oi!" Rose took off towards her, and the Doctor laughed as Anna squeaked and fled. "Get back here!"

The Doctor shook his head fondly, watching his two girls chase each other around the cemetery. This was a much better attitude for Rose after Canary Wharf -

He froze and looked around, narrowing his eyes. "Daddy?" Anna called, skidding to a stop. "What's wrong?"

"What?" Rose stopped as well, her eyes wide. "Doctor?"

"Nothing," the Doctor frowned. "It just felt like we were being watched." He spun around. "Back to the TARDIS, now."

Anna sprinted off instantly, Rose following close behind. The Doctor took another look around, not seeing or sensing anything, before nodding at the graves. "Merry Christmas, you two," he wished before spinning on his heel and heading back to the TARDIS . . .

Never seeing the security camera on one of the lampposts zoom in on him as he entered.

***

Now, there's really only two logical choices for who's watching them . . . and really, it should be obvious who is.

Hopefully "Smith and Jones" will be up soon!