Chapter Seven

(Hi!!! OMG this story has only been up for ONE DAY, and it's ALREADY had 20 reads and 13 votes! That may not sound like alot to you, but to me that's sooo much! Thank you so much guys! :3 \(^_^)/ Hugs for you!!!! Anyways.... LET US CONTINUE...P.s so sorry about Clementine (Clem) agh I miss her >~<)

Chapter Seven- Missing

_________________

_________________

KATIE'S POV

Thoughts swirled through my mind, keeping me awake as I stared at the ceiling. Something isn't right. But I guess nothing ever is right in this world. I just couldn't shake off the feeling that something's happened.

I can't get to sleep. Darkness swept around me in the dim room, the moonlight pouring in from the window like water, casting a erie glow. There wasnt a cloud in the sky, and millions of stars were scattered across it. This brought some peace in my situation, though not alot to keep the anxiousness from creeping back up into my mind. Suddenly, without a word, Sam ran into the room, flew off the bed covers and lifted me up, running to the car.

"Nice to see you too Sam!" I muttered softly, looking up at him. He didn't reply, a grim look plastered on his face. He looked down, and gave me a weak smile before chucking me into the car seat. Sam hopped in and started the engine, speeding along the road.

"Do you mind telling me what the hell's happened?" I spoke up, breaking the silence. He took in a deep breath and told me everything, leaving me frozen and speechless at the end. Clem? Why Clem? She's so sweet.

"We're going to Catherine's house to get her, and luckily Liam is her neighbour." Sam said, gripping the drivers wheel so tightly that his knuckles were growing paler and paler by the minute. He reaaaallyy cared about Clem huh? They had only just met a day ago, and he's already overprotective of her, acting like the older brother she never had.

CATHERINE'S POV

I stood at the window, ferociously tapping my fingers against the wooden panel. How long are they gonna take?? I couldn't keep still, constant wriggling and tapping. Tapping and wriggling.

The constant fear of never seeing Clem again worried me badly. The constant fear of Ari going mental worried me badly too, crawling into a hollow shell of her former self, even though we've only known her for a few days now. She feels like apart of us, she belongs.

My hair was let loose, falling down my back. I'm still in my Pj's, but I can't be bothered getting changed. Who could in a situation like this?! I turned, and could see Liam looking out his window too, a worried expression never leaving his face. He's grown fond of Clem, over the days. He went to pick her up from school one day, and he enjoyed that day, taking her out for ice-cream and such! Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Sam arrived at top speed outside the door. Bursting through the house, I sprinted into the back seat, followed by Liam.

"Ok. Details please?" I questioned.

That's when I was told everything, even the stuff Ari hadn't mentioned herself.

___________________

Her dad had died when she was about eleven, and her mother couldn't handle the stress of caring for her and Clem. Her mother left, leaving two children, one eleven and one seven, on their own to fend for themselves and survive. Ari only kept going for Clem. One day, their mother came back, and tried to take Clem back. Ari fought. She wasnt going to let her mother ruin her life again, but she wasnt strong enough. Her mother took Clem away, and with that, her daughters own soul. Ari apparently was a shell of her normal self, never leaving the house for school, blocking everyone out.

Clem somehow came back to her, and ever since she's been getting better at coping with Clem beside her. Now that Clem isn't there, Ari's probably going to turn into the lifeless shell she used to be.

_____________________

JOSH's POV

By the time Sam, Katie, Catherine and Liam got here, it was really late at night. Ari was still asleep, still in the same position she was when she feel asleep. It must be uncomfortable, but I can't move her without her waking up and crying again. I'm stuck on the floor. I guess this isn't so bad, if you think about it. I'm helping a friend.

Sam burst into the room first, waking Ari up with a scream. She tightened her grip on me.

"It was Sam, don't worry." I said, glaring at him. He put his hands up in surrender, earning a little giggle from Katie, but apart from that, silence with the sobs from Ari. She wasnt coping very well without Clem. I do know about her past, even if she doesn't think I do. She talks in her sleep.

"Clem where's c-Clem" Ari kept mumbling, still crying into my shirt.

"I.. I don't know." I answered. "The police will be here soon."

"No!" She screamed. "No police! Mother will find out and get Clem back!"

I hadn't thought of that, but somehow I think that her mother has something to do with this.

___________________

(So? Watcha think? Hehe, I nearly broke down crying when I wrote it. I'm so bad for these things, so forgive my poorness. Anywayssss...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SLAP AN ORANGE!

^_^

-Tails