Chapter Twelve

(Hi! I actually managed to update twice yesterday {On Christmas Day} so I'm proud of myself! Did you have a good day? Are you having a good day? Hope you are!! ^^ sorry that I haven't included Sam, Katie, Catherine and Liam much in 'finding Clem' chapters, I just felt that this needed to be done with Josh and Ari alone, though I have out the others in little flashbacks, so I hope that makes up for it! ^^ Im deciding to just try and update once a day, because it's becoming a little difficult to update a bit more, even tho my craving for writing is pretty bad! I will write the next chapters in some days but just wait until the next day to update, if that makes any sense! Here's your update for today! If you ship Josh and Ari, then your welcome...

Enjoy!)

Chapter Twelve- Ek

_______________

JOSH'S POV

Opening an eye carefully, I was met by the two familiar brown eyes hovering over me, a small grin glued on her face. Ari.

"Hi" She said softly, giving me some space as she sat down beside the make-shift fire she must have made while I was sleeping. We must have fallen asleep in the night when we were just supposed to have a break. I must have slept the whole day, because it was turning dark. The fuzzy memories of Ari falling asleep with her head resting on my shoulder come into mind, just like the day we were at Sam's a few months ago. My lips formed a weak smile, only to be replaced with a worried expression as I noticed how pale Ari looked. She was still wearing her Pj's from yesterday, thin ones to be exact. She still had on her scarf and gloves, but her jacket was still covering me. Her slender fingers traced over the flames of the fire, looking a little red afterwards. The light radiating from the flame bounced off her face, making her seem like she was glowing.

Quietly, I took off her jacket and walked up to her, sliding it over her shoulders gently. In a flash, she was taking it off.

"No, y-you need it!" Ari exclaimed, pushing it back into my hands.

"I don't, I'm not cold. I've had it the whole night, and wasnt cold at all" I replied, putting it back over her shoulders.

"I wasn't cold at night either!" She answered back. I gave her a funny look. I don't know if she's lying or telling the truth. She seems genuine.

"How were you not cold?" I said softly.

I could see a small tinge of red rush into her cheeks as she answered.

"It's kinda hard to be cold when I'm leaning against someone else's shoulder when they're warm" came the reply. It was cute how she seemed embarrassed over falling asleep against me.

She walked over to me, twigs crunching under her feet as she walked on the balls of her shoes. Quietly, Ari sat down next to me. Everything was silent, not the awkward silence, but the calm silence. The smell of the wilderness filled up my nose,' it's smell calming in a way as the glowing sun set across the horizon. I could hear the silent whisper

"Please come back tomorrow" from my right. Turning my head, I could see the glitter of tears shining in Ari's eyes as she watched the sun set. She was scared it wouldn't come back. That hurt me alot. Without thinking, I pulled her close, looking at her. She was obviously shocked by my actions, but didn't look worried in any way, nor embarrassed. The world seemed to turn silent in those few moments, slowing down time. I held her in a hug, rubbing her back gently. She wasnt crying, but I guess it seemed right at the time.

(A/N: Im a really bad romantic, so yeah, don't expect amazing romance hahahaha)

Ari pulled away, looking up at me, pure innocence written all over her face. I only just noticed that her eyes were different shades of Chestnut, one darker than the other. It was amazing, but annoying that I had only just realised. Her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail, strands falling over her face like little dribbles of water. I pushed them away to get a clearer view of her, and noticed her blushing furiously. A smile played on my lips. I was teasing her, and she was getting easily flustered like she usually does at games.

ARI'S POV

Stop the teasing. I know what he's doing, making me blush and everything. It's annoying, because I can't stop the tinge of red in my cheeks, burning at the touch of his hand against my face as he pushed another strand of hair away gently. I didn't think straight, it just happened.Quickly, I kissed him. That was my first kiss. Fireworks shot. I could feel a tingling feeling at the bottom of my stomach, and the tips of my fingers burned, sharp pains shooting to the top of them.

It was the weirdest feeling ever. I was the first to break, pulling away for air. When I turned to look back at him, I could see his face bright red, avoiding my gaze directly, shock written on his face. It nearly made me laugh, how adorable it looked.

"Sorry.." I mumbled, looking away but my head still in the same place.

"Uhm.. It was.. Uhm.. I didn't mean-" I got cut off by Josh pressing his lips against mine again. The same electricity shot through my veins, crackling at the tips of my fingers. Pulling away again, I looked away. This is not the time to be kissing, when my little sister has been missing for 2 months, and I'm looking for her.

Mumbling came from my right side, quiet enough for Josh not to hear, as he was in a little daydream, probably caused by the kiss. Quick as lightning, I ran off of the log and jumped into the bush, knocking down the person.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!" The person yelped, trying to push me off.

"GIVE CLEM BACK!" I yelled, turning the figure over and stared into the face of a friend. Sam.

"SAM WHAT THE HELL!" I shrieked, staring at him miraculously.

"Thank me later, because I think I know where your sister is." He muttered quietly to me, pointing north.

"Thank you so much Sam. And if I catch you doing this ever again..." I started, hugging him tightly.

"You'll slice me and quarter me, yes yes I've heard it before" Sam finished sarcastically for me, waving a hand at me. I pulled away and walked back into the clearing, to find Josh looking everywhere.

"ARI! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?" Josh shouted, running and knocking me over.

"Sorry, I heard a noise and-"

I was pulled off the ground and into a big hug, tears falling onto my shirt. Someone was scared. I carefully pulled away and wiped them with my thumb gently.

"Don't worry" I started.

"I won't." He answered.

Something caught my eye though. Lying on the ground, a few metres away from me

Was Clem's hat.

_______________

Whoa. Scary shiz! Anyways

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

THROW LEMONS AT LIFE'S FACE AND SQUEEZE THE LEMON JUICE INNITS EYES, MAKING IT SCREAM FOR MERCY

^_^