Cloudy Then Clear

Ammie thought back on her mother's words. She felt the lightest amount of rain fall on her wrist. Then, she looked up from the solemn black pavement. It wasn't really fight, more like a punishment for the horrendous things she did. Or thought. She shivered again. Even mentioning the things she imagined and fantasized about doing to Desdemona brought extreme self-loathing. She hugged herself as a light breeze went by. Deep, rumbling noise filled the sky. That's why she needed to leave. She couldn't hurt anyone she cared about like she imagined doing to Desde. It was very apparent something was wrong with her, and she knew not a single soul could fix it.
Rain began to lightly splatter over the setting. The clouds were very dense overhead, and Ammie knew this light precipitation would eventually turn into a storm. Although, when Ammie looked forward, it was the first time she noticed a city in the distance. She must have walked to the nearby town of Rossen, which was much more developed than her small town, Broidsville. The people of her city went here to do buy most of their goods, and there were also urban attractions here and there. It made sense to do so, there wasn't more than just a couple small stores in Broidsville. Rossen was about 7 miles away from her home, and Ammie realized she must had been trekking for   roughly more than two hours.
Her feet absolutely stung, probably carrying more than a dozen blisters on each. Without a a care for the burning development on her feet, Ammie kept walking through the pain to her new destination. Besides, she deserved all the pain she could get.
    The rain was now pouring down fluidly, then after about two minutes, turned into a downpour. Ammie's pajama's had already gotten thoroughly soaked, and Ammie felt slimy and sticky. What was rain to add to her misery? She was already insane and broken.       
          As she reached the nearest alleyway in Rossen, she climbed under a low hanging shutter. It protected her from the rain, and not much else. Still, Ammie didn't want to go into a store and be with other people, she might hurt them again. As she sat in her feeble position, Ammie tried condense her thoughts and close her eyes. She regretted it as soon as she did. She could hear Desdemona's screams of torment creeping up in the darkness of mind. She briskly opened her eyes again, fearing the thought of ever closing them. That was the case though, fatigue latched itself onto her. She tried to stay awake.
   It had been about an hour to Ammie's mental clock, and she just kept staring at what she would call her new abode. As an extreme optimist, she thought of redecorating the alleyway with streamers across the buildings, posters of her favorite band, All Direction, and bright pink paint striped with white. As soon as she was done fantasizing the tiredness approached her once again. She had been trying to ignore it, but her eyelids felt extremely heavy, like two boats filled with water, and her train of thought muted to nothing but her fatigue. All she could do to stop the fatigue was appease it. The last thing Ammie saw before she fell into the void of slumber was the chipped brick in the right hand corner.

   She was inside a dark room. It was silent, except for the dripping of fluid slowly from the ceiling.  The walls were covered with something or another, a shelf of detached limbs, chains made from leather and steel, ropes covered in blood. The little wall you could see was concrete and covered in dry blood. Dead bodies laid all around, dressed in their own blood, glasses over eyes staring up, catching the dim light from above. Instruments   that were used to cause intense pain were there, covered in all kinds of sticky fluids, waiting for use. As Ammie toed throughout the enclosement, she felt a smile grow. This is exactly the place she wanted to be.
  An unconscious body laid on a table, mid-room. The table's stainless steel was tinted yellow from the dusky light. It looked clean, but you could see scratches that were stained red from past use. And it stood, ready for current use. Another play toy, she wanted to see how long this one last compared to the others.The grim background seemed to disperse and all she saw was the body in front of her. It was brilliant! With red hair to cut and tie, smooth skin to slice..... oh wait. She knew this person. Something called a mumther? Oh well, she could worry about that later. This one obviously wouldn't last long. She wanted to see the pale skin seep with blood.
As she got a knife from the selection of bloody ones in the corner, she smiled at her silver-tinted reflection through it. Ammie's hair was now black with blonde tips, and her skin grimly pale. One of her eyes was a dark green, while the other orb was a light blue. She frowned at this. Her form now was way better than the unsightly way it was just moments before, but it wasn't perfect yet. That wasn't her main projective though, she had time to change that.
     The long, thin, smooth knife with crusted on blood glinted as Ammie turned around. That was apparently all that was needed to trigger her toys awakening, as the woman on the table's eyes blinked for a moment before opening, with confusing and alarm.
  Ammie was already at the table the body was strapped to by the time the woman's confusion turned to fear.
  "Oh hello! Do you wanna play with me?" She smiled her best smile and looked pointedly at the woman while saying this. After all her mother did say...... wait wh-
"Uhh... could you tell me where I am sweetie?"
Her train of thought was obstructed by the confused question.
  Ammie didn't waste any time replying back joyfully, "Why, you're in my playhouse! There's so much we can do! So, you wanna play?"
  The woman decided to look at her surroundings. Her face was stricken with horror as she saw the bloody disarray. Her eyes caught sight of all the blood covered knives, torture devices, and fluid covered walls. She shivered. Then she realized she was strapped to a table. If a face could get any more grim, it did.
Ammie grinned at this reaction. This is exactly what she longed for! A fresh, unbroken spirit to slaughter and hear the cries of! What wonderful entertainment would come out of this!
The woman turned back to face Ammie, but now only with fear. Then, a confused face popped up and she turned her head and studied Ammie's features. The fear was put into realization when she said, "Ammie....... sweetie is that you? Oh god......"
Ammie's eyes widened, her face fell, and her breath quickened. She shook almost enough to drop her knife. This was her......her... mother! She had planned to torture her mother! What even.....
Tears pricked at her mothers eyes. "Ammie, I love you! Please let me go! We can work this out!"
Ammie was unresponsive. She was having an inner turmoil. Who cares if this was her mother, the one who held back her potential with pampering and ignorance? It'll be more fun torturing someone you know.....
  Ammie raised the knife to her mothers neck.
  Ammie's mother tried to wiggle away.
The knife seeped with her blood at the restraint.
  No! This was the woman that cared for a insane person like her! Why was she hurting her?
  The knife pulled up from her mother's throat, and Ammie shook like a leaf. The grip on the knife in her hands tightened and loosened as her turmoil continued. Finally her thoughts even contradicted.
"Don't you want to play with this toy? See its suffering and fill yourself with joy?"
"NO, NO, NO, NO! Don't do it! This is your mother! You shouldn't hurt people!"
  "GIVE INTO IT! HATE YOURSELF, PUT THAT HATE ON OTHERS!"
"YOU'RE CRAZY! DON'T LISTEN TO THAT PERSON! LISTEN TO YOU! IM YOU! SHE IS SOMETHING ELSE! THIS IS A PERSON WHO NEEDS TO LIVE!"
Ammie felt extremely dizzy. What did that even mean? Was she going insane? She backed away from the counter. Nothing was clear anymore. 
Then, Ammie's world went into inky blackness. Her surroundings looked like it held nothing but dark, but it felt dense, like drifting through water. Ammie's features were returned to their original form, with golden hair and frosty blue eyes. Someone stomped up in front of her. When she was in her peripheral vision, she realized this was the person she saw in the mirror of her last dream just the Monday before. It had only been Monday since these problems started......
"WHY DO YOU NEVER AGREE WITH ME!!" The girl in front of her looked intensely disgruntled. Her grayish skin was flushed red, and strands of her ebony hair flew askew almost comically. If you looked closely at her eyes, it seemed as you could find the fires of hell itself. Ammie was confused.
  "Did I do something wrong? If so, I am so sorry! I just been acting weird lately and-"
  "UGGHHHH! WRONG WITH YOU! WHY WON'T YOU HURT ANYTHING? KILL ANYTHING?!"
Then Ammie thought of something. This must be her self conscious. The person in front of her must be the embodiment of her crazy! Maybe she could talk with it....
"We don't need to hurt people! I know you like doing so, but we love people! We can be friends with them! Give them hugs and kisses, you might like that! Why don't we compromise?" She said this in a very sweet voice. Maybe she might listen to herself, and she could go back home!
  The raven-headed girl looked extremely angry. But then, she coaxed her anger back, put a smile on her face and grit her teeth, replying, "Yeah, why don't we just compromise?"
Ammie thought she finally got to her crazy! Maybe being a cat lady would help with this energy! Maybe even crotchet......
As Ammie got a number of ideas on how to help herself, the other girl walked over to her briskly. Ammie thought it was a handshake, like she saw grown-ups do when they made decisions. She raised her right hand and waited. It wasn't.
Ammie screamed in pain and confusion as the ebony-haired girl's hands literally went inside of her lower chest. The other girl started laughing, insanely. "Why don't I get your body and you go somewhere else?! You see, compromise!!"
The hands crushed and compacted the inside of her abdomen. Ammie felt a painful pushing everywhere. It felt like the inky blackness of the landscape decided to gather in one place and suffocate her. Pain was all that she could feel and anything else evaded her. Then, it stopped.
Ammie felt herself fall on something hard. Had she finally awaken from her dream, did she help her crazy? Random thoughts filled her mind as she finally had the strength to sit up. The sight before her eyes shocked her. No, she must still be dreaming.....
The sight before her.... was her. She was staring down at her hands with an amazed smile, apparently impressed at the movement. She was back in the alleyway though, and not under the cover she made for herself. Although, the rain had stopped, and it was clear. Hues like pink, gold, and blue
filled the sky, it was nearing night.
Ammie then saw something weird on the copy. The tips of her hair faded into a dark ebony. Sort of like how she looked in the dream but reversed. Ammie was beyond confused.
"Finally! I have control!" The 'doppelgänger' finally spoke. She turned her head, as she just noticed Ammie's form.
"And your just a pitiful soul. See, you can do what you want. Compromise!" She stretched the last word out with a fake smile. Ammie was confused at her statement. What did she mean, pitiful soul? She looked down at herself.
Ammie gasped. Her whole body was translucent. She wasn't wearing her garments from before, instead she was wearing a swishy white dress with pockets. She didn't notice this then, but in her hair was blond with one strip of black hair in the front. But what surprised her the most was the feathery, fox-like tail that lay on the concrete and protruded from her lower back. It also had two feathers that were a silky ebony instead of pure white.
Ammie shrieked at the sight. This all had to be one weird dream right? But it was too real for that. She could feel the cold temperature of outside creeping into her skin, the concrete on the dirty ground. The pain and intense discomfort from earlier, she could even still feel it, although it was dimmed.
"Well, I'd love to hang around and chat, but it's a clear night, and I gotta go. You know, people to kill, places to be?" Ammie's own voice broke her from her stupor. "Hope you understand!" She said this with a sickly sweet voice, and was making her way out of the wide alleyway, into the city. Ammie just sat there, wide-eyed. The 'doppelgänger' turned her head back to Ammie's pitiful state. "...Or not." She turned her head forward again and walked away from Ammie, ideas at hand.
________________________________
A/N: A LOT HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPPY! AMMIE'S BAD SIDE LITERALLY KICKED AMMIE OUT! THE LAST ONE AND THIS ONE WERE ALL ONE CHAPPY, BUT I DECIDED TO SPLIT IT, CAUSE IT WAS REALLY LONG AND MY FANS LOVE UPDATES! (WHAT FANS?) ANYWAY, THE NEXT UPDATE WON'T AS QUICK, BUT IT'L BE QUICKER THAN A LIKE 2 YEARS. THANK YOU FOR 🎊100 VIEWS🎊!!!!!! I LOVE YAH, AND ILL GIVE YAH A VIRTUAL COOKIE! 🎉🍪🎉BTW, THIS COMMENT WILL BE OLD IN LIKE 3 DAYS, BUT WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE? SEEMS LIKE ALL THE OTHER OLD CHALLENGES TO ME....... LET ME KNOW HOW YOU THINK!
        NEXT TIME: Where's soul Ammie gonna go? What's bad Ammie up to? Why's their hair like that? Why am I asking so many questions? You might find out all of these next time........