Chapter 5 : First Meeting

-Yuka's POV-

*Rings*  *Rings*

*Yawns*  I opened my eyes and when I looked at the alarm clock, my eyes widened...

-_-

O_o

-_-

O_O

What the?! I'm late! I forgot to set the alarm clock on the right time. It's 7:00 and I'm dead late.

I fixed myself and my stuff for school. I rushed to the dining room to grab some food, specifically, bread and run as fast as I could.

But wait, where am I supposed to go? I know it's in the school but I don't know which way it is. I remembered that crappy call last night and hurriedly make the transparent screen appear to find the map.

'Uhh, this way? Nope, I assumed it's this way? No. Ah! What am I supposed to do?' Think, think, think. This freaking map Papa made doesn't help me at all. 

"Uhmm, miss? Is there something wrong?" I turned and saw a boy about my age. Hey, wait. Is that Akise Aru?

"I assumed that you lost your way to school right? Are you new in here?" he asked.

"Yeah" I answered. 

"You can walk with me to school. I am your schoolmate because we have the same uniform." Akise said while I nodded.

Hey, we're late. Is this boy going to run or not? 

"Oh, if you're asking that if we're late or not, we're not. The bell in school usually rangs at 7:00 but since it's the first day of school, it will ring at 7:30. No need to rush." Akise said. Is he reading my mind? Probably not. It was because he saw the bread I'm eating.

"Hey, What's your name? You know, you look like someone I know."

"My name is..." Do I really have to tell him my real name? What if he's Light Yagami from Death Note? I'm dead for sure. Just kidding. 

"Just call me Yuka." After I said that, he gave me the I-think-I-know-you face.

"Sounds familiar. Then just call me Aru." Idiot. I know already knew your name. But why? He asks for my name even though he knew it already. Is he forgetting something? Oh, get back to walking.

The school is not that far away from my house. It was just a few minutes walking. At least 3 minutes.

I went room to room to find my name. I haven't say 'thank you' or 'good bye' from Akise. I totally forgot about him. 

Finally, I found my classroom. I went in and everyone was talking about their summer breaks.  All the seats are occupied and I guess I'll go for that last seat on the back. The seats are grouped by two. The chair besides me is empty but have some stuff in it. Saying someone has taken it.

When I finally put my stuff down and take a seat. My eyes traveled every part of the room.

The bell finally rang and to my surpise, Akise is my classmate and he is sitting right next to me.

"It's you!" We both exclaimed.

"I never thought we're going to be classmates." We both said again. Is he copying me?

"Good Morning class." Our teacher said as she puts her stuff on the table.

"Good Morning, Sensei." We all greeted.

"You may now take your seats." she commanded. "I am your Homeroom and Math teacher, Takai Hiyama. As for the only transferee, please stand up and introduce yourself."

Hey, this woman has the same name of Takao Hiyama, third. She just changed 'o' to 'i'. Is she his twin/relative or something?

"I am Yuka Amano and I am 14 years old. Nice to meet you!" I said wearing the best smile I could. 

"Ms. Amano, welcome to our school. I hope you'll find friends here." Hiyama-sensei said. "Class be friendly with her."

"Since it's the first day of school, you can have your free time. But avoid too much noise. I'll be leaving the room to check other classes."

"Yes, Sensei." My classmates said overwhelmed. The teacher then leaved the room and my classmates starts talking about their summer vacation.

I turned to Akise and saw him looking to me already.

"Aru, thank you for walking me to school. I'm sorry I didn't say it when we arrived here. I'm just too excited." I said.

"It's alright. By the way, who's your father?" he asked. 

"Oh my, what's this Akise? Are you applying to be her boyfriend?" a girl said. It's Hinata and she's with Mao and Kosaka. "Hey Yuka, I'm Hinata and these two are Mao and Kosaka. I hope we become friends." She said while Mao and Kosaka are waving.

"Sure." I replied with a smile.

-Akise's POV-

"It's alright. By the way, who's your father?" I asked. Yuka must be Yukiteru and Yuno's child. I must investigate further. 

"Oh my, what's this Akise? Are you applying to be her boyfriend?" Hinata said teasing me. I kinda felt embarassment.  Hey, when did I ever had feelings? I am just an observer, here you know. Tch.

"Hey Yuka, I'm Hinata and these two are Mao and Kosaka. I hope we'll become friends." Hinata said while Mao and Kosaka are waving to Yuka.

"Sure." Yuka replied with a smile. She sure looks innocent. But I guess there's something mysterious  about her.

 "Ting, Ting!" the bell ranged and it's break time. We all went to the canteen and bought our snacks. We sat at a round table. Sitting next to me is Yuka and Kosaka, followed by Hinata and Mao on Yuka's side. They are all chatting about random things while I remained quiet. They sure had a big mouth.

"Hey, Akise. Since when did you talked to Yuka? I heard both of you said 'It's you' like you sounded you met each other before." Kosaka asked.

"Oh that, we met right in front of her house. I walked with her to here because she didn't know where our school is. That's all."

"So you two already met each other huh? Well, that's good. At least Yuka won't be bothering to find some other company." Hinata said. 

 'Ting! Ting!' The bell ranged again. That was a life saver. I won't be bothering with Hinata's teasing attitude.

"I guess we should go back now." Mao said, clinging to Hinata. We all go back to the classroom. We are the noisiest group here I tell you.

 -Yuka's POV- 

Finally, we got back to our seats now.  I am so happy that I already made new friends at the first day of school. Having many friends makes me feel I'm not alone.

The teacher got back too and starts her discussion. Boring. 'Blah,Blah,'Blah,'Blah,'Blah,'Blah', Blah,'. Oh, I can't understand. I'll just read my book later.

I look around and not everyone is listening. Others are drawing, sleeping, drooling, sneezing, yawning, gossiping and everything. My friends are too attentive except Kosaka. He's sleeping and drooling. Hinata has her attention on the teacher and Mao is writting down notes. And Akise? I don't know if he's listening or not. He has his attention to the teacher but he looks so bored. I bet he will fall asleep in a few seconds.

He really did. I never imagined that the great Akise Aru will be sleeping during class hours. His head slowly leaned on my shoulders.

WWHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTT?!!! 

~~~

So what do you think? Hope you'll leave some comments.