One shot based on the amazing book When it Rains in Ocala by @Writerbug44 . I loved the book and I recommend it to everyone. Ok now down to it!

I wake up with a bit of a start. I kept my promise with Evan. I turn around and come face to face with my ,still asleep, husband Josh. Josh has been a big help with building myself back up after Evan. I love Evan and I always will but in this life he isn't here. I slowly stand and get out of the bed. I walk to the door and go make my way down stairs. The night Evan got shot still haunts me. I am almost a month pregnant with a baby girl and Josh and I plan to have a boy. I grab some chips and snack on them in the kitchen. I hear the stairs creak and I look up to see Josh looking at me." Everything ok babe?" He asks hoping off the stairs and coming over to me." Yeah just a nightmare." I say looking down at the chip bag. Josh knew what the nightmare was though so. Josh walked over to me and rubbed my tense shoulders." He can't hurt you or anyone else anymore." Josh trailed kisses down my neck. I nod to tell him I heard and I understand. Dennis went to jail but ended up being too psychotic to stay. He was now in solitary and getting the help he needed. Although the only thing that matters to me is that he is in a prison that is far away from me. I suddenly noticed it was raining. Oh. God how I missed Evan when it rained. Every time it rains I talk to Evan. I feel him there. I know he is listening. Sometimes I listen to the rhythm of the rain for words but if they are there I can't hear them. I look up at Josh and see the full understanding in his eyes. It was an Evan night and he knew it. He swiftly pecked my lips then moved towards the stairs." Don't stay up late." He calls over his shoulder." I won't" I call after him. I move to one of the windows and look up at the clouded sky. I found someone to take care of me Evan. He cares and won't let anyone hurt me. I miss you so much though. No one can replace us. I still wear our ring but on my right hand. Josh understands it is still and open wound. I don't think it will ever heal but I think that's what makes us, us. The wounds we carry with us and the scars we have. It's what makes us special. It's what made you special. That's what makes Josh special. I will see you one day Evan and when I do we will make up for all the lost time. But till then I see you in the stars, in the moon, in every rain drop and in every blade of grass. I love you Evan and I will see you one day. I stood up from the window and walked back to my room. I curled up next to Josh and he automatically draped a lazy arm over mg waist. Good night Evan.