Hermione took a step towards the mirror. She felt beautiful in her dress. The satin green brought out her chocolate eyes. Hermione didn't know why she choose green. She just tried it on and it felt perfect. Ginny came up behind Hermione with a green mask. They were getting ready for the 5th year masquerade ball. Everyone would wear enchanted masks that do not reveal our identities till midnight and we all unmask ourselves. Ginny ties the mask on and Hermione does the same for Ginny's red mask. Hermione had straightened her hair and let it rest on her back. Ginny had her hair curled and over one shoulder. They walked to the Great Hall on their own and as they entered they could feel the excitement. Ginny and Hermione separated and walked in different directions. The night went on and many people asked Hermione to dance but very few got a yes. Hermione had gotten a drink when someone walked up to her." May I have this dance?" He asked. Hermione was a bit surprised at how forward he was but for some reason did not decline. She took his hand and he led her to the middle of the dance floor. They danced song after song. Talking every now and then. Laughing together and getting along. Hermione was captivated by his silver eyes. 'Wait silver? Don't I know someone with silver eyes?' Hermione thought but she couldn't really put a name and a face to the eye color. They continued to dance and talk. It got closer and closer to midnight. It was a minute to midnight. He started to lean towards Hermione's' face. She didn't move but also did nothing to stop his warm lips connecting to hers. They kissed. She wrapped her arms tighter around his neck, basically hugging him. He snaked his arms around her waist. As the clock struck twelve their masks' seal broke and were only held on to their faces by their heads being so close together. They broke apart for a breath. Their masks fell off their faces and looked at each other."Draco? Hermione whispered. Tears welled up in her eyes as Draco said nothing. Hermione ran away believing that she would never feel what she felt again. Little did she know Draco did care but was just stunned. His heart broke as she ran away. I guess they will never know what each other felt about the other.