I run out of the house. Slamming the door behind me. I heard my mother screech profanities after me. It was raining and so the street was quiet. My tears were melding with the rain. I take off in a random direction. I just run. Trying to get away from my house as fast as I could. My vision blurred by the tears and rain I didn't really see where I was going. Suddenly I tripped and started to fall. I braced my arms protecting my face, but the impact never came. Instead I felt a growing warmth around my upper back and hips. I open my eyes and my chocolate brown orbs meet beautiful green eyes. They seemed to darken in thought. I then noticed they belonged to a boy. I have seen him a few times at school and around the neighborhood. I have never talked to him though. He was on the football team but didn't hang out with the team much. I have seen him play at a few games. He slowly lifted me up. I sniffed and wiped my eyes so I could see better." Are you ok?" He asks. I nod. It was a lie though." Are you alone?" He asked. I nod again. I don't really know why I was so set on being quiet. I am usually a very confident and loud person. He took my hand." I'll take you home." My eyes widens and I shook my head with urgency." No!" I shout. He looked at me with a questioning look. The fear in my eyes were obvious and I knew it. It seamed to click in his head that I couldn't go home." Ok would you like my coat?" He hands me his grey hoodie. I pull it on and I am instantly greeted with the smell of the blue Axe I think, I just know it was Axe, plus another smell that was something only he smelled of. He took my hand again and led me down the street." My name is Andrew." He says." Kindle." I say. He smiles at me. It warms me to the pure happiness in his face. I smile back up at him. We walked and talked. I kept a firm grip on his hand the whole time. Like if I let go my mother would find me and get me again. I think he noticed this because he didn't pull back or even try to stay away. We walked to the park which had a plaza there. We escaped the harsh rain under it. By then we were talking like old friends. Andrew is on the football team but hates the popularity that comes with it. He wishes to be in the band but his dad makes him do football. His mom had passed away when he was just starting high school which is sad but at least he got to spend time with her. I told him about myself as well. How I made techno music in my room. I read like there is no tomorrow and I live on Netflix. I have few friends but my friends are true friends. Then reluctantly I told him about my mom and how my dad had gone into the military and my mother can do anything to me now." I'm so sorry." He says. I offer him a small smile." It's ok. It's not your fault." I say." Yeah but it still sucks and I'm sorry." He says. I could tell he meant it. I take a step towards him. He casually slides towards me and we just leaned into each other till our lips collided. It was slow, cold and wet but I was flying. This night went from the worst nightmare to the best night. All because of Andrew.