Ch 2: Thunderstorms

Emily POV:

Finally, we have another girl in the group, I was getting tired of only boys. Luna's awesome...but pretty vague, she probably has a very, very, very good reason to. At Max's house we talk about recent news, but it seems that Luna doesn't know much about currant times, you should have seen her when she played videogames, she looked awestruck. When we had to go, it was in the middle of this terrible thunderstorm, so we had to call our folks and tell them we were staying at Max's for the night. Luna seemed kinda nervous and looked up tonight's moon phase, how odd, but she seemed relieved, so YAY!

"Hey guys" I shouted, "Let's play a game"

"What kind of game?" Luna asked suspiciously.

"How about Truth or Dare" Sam exclaimed, for some reason, he really liked that game. I thought I had to explain it the Luna but it looked like she was familiar with the game, and looked, scared? Well if she was scared I'll help her through it.

"I'll go first" I proclaim, "Max, Truth or Dare"

"Truth"

"What do you call a vole mixed with a toad?"

"What?"

"Voledewarts" I say laughing,

Luna looks confused but Sam says, "This is how she does Truths, use them to make a joke"

"Alright" Max said, after I calmed down, "Luna, Truth or Dare"

"Dare" she seemed tired, like it was obvious

"I dare you to run in the rain"

A few minutes later Luna came back soaked and refused to change clothes.

Through the game I cracked more jokes (YAY) and Luna always choses dare and seems puzzled when someone chose truth. I decided to ask her about it.

"Hey Luna, why do you look confused when someone picks truth"

"because when I was young and we played this game, choosing truth was the sign of cowardice, uh, no offence" she responded

"none taken" I assure.

"Sam, Truth or Dare?" Luna asked,

"Truth"

Luna seemed stumped.

"Do you have a p-I mean family?"

"yes, and they always look out for me."

I'm not sure, but I could've sworn she mumbled "must be nice"

"Emily, Truth or Dare"

"I'm feeling dangerous, so dare" I noticed that Luna looked nervous.

"I dare you tossing everything you say for the next two minutes"

I stare at him for a minute

"Okay, Max Truth or Dare?" I sang

"Dare"

"Okay, I dare you to.... Dance like a weasel"

Luna looked confused, "Emily has an obsession with weasels" Sam explained.

After the weasel dance (YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!) it was Max's turn.

"Luna, Truth or Dare"

"T-Truth?" I can't blame her, she's always lived with the fear of shame and is sorta afraid to do so in case we were lying.

Max grins "How fast can you run?"

"Oh, uh, Fast" She responds, "I can run fast, I guess"