Ch 4: Not Again

Luna POV:

Max was asking too much, and even if I told him, he wouldn't believe me. A couple months passed and he kept asking, I admire his determination for knowledge but there are times when you should stop. It was winter break and Emily and Sam asked if I would come with them and Max to a log cabin for a week, since I have nothing better to do, I thought, Why Not! I don't have any bonds to stop me, and I should know them better.

At the cabin it was all going well, drinking hot coco, messing around in the snow, talking, I enjoy their company. Oh no, I'm feeling attached to them, they're good kids, I can tell, but the others were too, and the same thing happened every time, I wish they will accept me, there are reasons I wear a hoodie, even on a 100°F day. I can't stop the inevitable, I can only hope, well maybe this time it'll be different.

"Hey Luna" Sam shouted, "Wanna join a snowball fight?" These people were so kind and playful, they're the kind that makes me want to smile.

"Why not" I respond

"Great! You're on Max's team"

After an hour and several betrayals and attacking your teammate, I came out victorious, everyone else covered in snow.

"I know you said you can run" Sam started, "but I didn't know you had good agility"

"What can I say, if you mess with a wolf you'll get bitten" I silently cursed my phrasing.

"Yeah I guess"