Ch 17: Protector

Luna POV:

I woke up, I was on the ground, I was scratched up, dirty and my clothes were in tatters, the events of last week came back to my head, they saw me as a wolf, and they didn't even know the half of the truth. My ears started to work again and I heard a conversation.

"Yes, it does seem like she's making a hobby out of that, but I but enough stalling, something tells me you know where Luna is, if you tell us, we'll let you go, simple as that, no if's and's or but's" that voice, it sounded like Ju's

"I don't know what you're talking about, what's the hunter" it was Max

"No more questions, Char get him" Char? Oh no

"But I always do the heavy-lifting",

"Because it's the only thing you're good for, fleabag"

"Wow Ju, that hurt" My suspicions were confirmed Char and Ju were here, and they were after me. I heard the shove of leaves, probably char pouncing. I don't know what made my muscles move without my command, but they did. My body shoved itself off the ground, and lunged to intercept Charcoal, desperate to protect my friend.

I might've been battered and bruised but wolves don't quit a fight unless they must, and I'll be damned if this isn't a must. I punched, scratched and bit at my once-friend, to prove to him that I was no weakling, I was an leader, a warrior, a protector, a friend, and a wolf all in one. I painfully forced Charcoal into submission, lying down on his back and with my foot on his snout.

"The next time, you even TRY to challenge me again, I WON'T be so merciful" I wheezed.

I saw it in his eyes, surprise and fear, it was small, but it was definitely fear.

"Luna?" Juniper yelped, "If we had known you were here, we wouldn't of needed to challenge that weak 'comrade' of yours"

"Max is not weak, he's my friend"

"So were we, and look where we are now, Char, let us regroup" and with that, she and Char ran.

I remembered why I engaged in this round of combat and turned around, to see that Sam and Em had found us, all three of them with eyes wide and mouths open.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" I started, "I should've told you about who-WHAT I am, and it's okay if you want me to leave, everyone else has. You and Sam and Emily didn't need to go out looking for some messed-up half-wolf that has always lied to all her friends"

Max looked straight at me, and then walked toward me. I was prepared to take a hit, but to my surprise, he put his arms around me and hugged. Sam and Emily followed

"Luna, we're your friends, we don't care if you're half-wolf, or if you had psychotic friends"

"We all were worried sick about what happened to you, after all, it's not every day your new friend get turned into a wolf" Em cried,

"Never forget, we outcasts stick together," Sam whispered,

"Guys..." I felt tears coming to my eyes and a lump in my throat "I'm sorry" I repeated, hugging them all back and finally letting my tears spill "I'm so sorry"

And everything went black.