Ch 13: Never a Dream

Luna POV:

I was a wolf, this HAD to be a dream, the look on their faces, they were disgusted by me, like the rest. I got away from Char and Ju, I remember the day I was given my choice.

"Look at her" I heard them mumble, "She's her"

At the age of 18 you can join another pack, and it won't be considered betrayal,

The chief came up to me and told me my choices, "You can join a pack and become a queen or you can find the ones that are lost"

"Can I think over this?"

He smiled, "Of course"

Char and Ju came up to me after that.

"That's SO cool!" Char exclaimed, "You're, like, ultra-powerful now"

"Don't worry if you want to leave the pack, me and Char will come with you" Ju assured, "No one can break up the Warrior Wolves"

"What if I don't want to be the Lunar Queen?" I asked, "What if I want to be normal?"

They both looked at me with shock, "I guess it would be hard at first, but you'll get used to it, right?" Ju challenge, "Or are you still a pup?"

"It's just that, once I chose a pack, the chief can make me do anything" I stated,

"But you can get gifts in return" Char brought up, "Mates, food, weapons, apprentices, shelter"

"But if I want something, I want to earn it" I said rather loud,

"Luna, always the modest and hardworking one" Ju teased, "Look, you, Char and me can count as a pack, you just have to choose a leader, and we can ask for your approval beforehand"

"I don't know Ju"

"Well, you need to make a choice by tomorrow" Char stated,

"Me and Char will be at the Prey Hall, you can join us if you want"

"I'm fine" I need to choose, I almost wanted to be in a small pack with Char and Ju, they were my best friends, it would be fun, no rules, only friends and adventure, but would it be? If one of them were my leader, then They could change my opinions, did I trust them with that power? plus, Juniper's the smartest of us, but she's kinda twisted, once, I saw her play with her live food, with her paws. Well, they DID say it was my choice.

At the middle of the night I decided, but they won't let me if they know, they'll try to change my mind, so I left Char and Ju a note, I'm sorry, but you'll only hurt us all.

I had chosen to find the ones that should be in our pack, but lost their way, I had chosen to become the guide of the lost.

I lose friend after friend with my past, but this was the first time they had found me, I had to change their minds, but I couldn't make them believe that it was only a dream. I will keep a look out for them, Juniper is a wicked one, she'll use anyone and then throw them away.