Ch. 1

[12 May 2008]

[Amethyst; 16 y/o]

Monday. The day everyone hates because they all have to go to work or school. I quickly showered and changed into some blue jeans, a grey t-shirt, and my converse. I walked downstairs and saw my parents with a slightly guilty look upon their face. I slowly stepped off the last step and looked at them.

"Mom. Dad. Is everything okay?" I asked.

"We need to talk." mom said.

---

[Kimberly]

The bell rang indicating it was lunch time right as I saw Amethyst walk to her locker, she had this look that said she was hurt but trying to keep herself composed. I sighed and grabbed Paris and London's wrists then walked over to her.

"Amethyst, are you okay?" I asked.

"Kind of. My parents just literally dropped a bombshell on me this morning." she said sighing.

"Tell us at lunch, come on best friend." Paris said as we walked to the lunch room.

We received our food from the lunch ladies. We saw a table with Paris and London's boyfriends were, so we walked over there and sat down.

---

[Paris]

"Hi girls. Hi babe." Charlie said.

"Hi babe." I said.

"Hey." Amethyst said.

"Ooh, something is wrong." Ryan said.

"Her parents dropped a major bombshell on her." I said.

"Oh no. What happened?" Charlie asked.

"This morning, after getting ready, I found out this my mother is my stepmother. My biological mother lives in Korea where my half-brother also lives. His name is Kang Daesung and he's in this boy group." Amethyst said without a single breath. 

"Damn girl. So, what's going to happen now?" I asked.

"They are going to make plans to take me to Korea this summer so I can meet him. I really hope he likes me, we've never met though." Amethyst said sighing.

---

[Amethyst]

I walked through my front door and heard my parents talking. I walked to the kitchen and they looked at me.

"We've arranged everything for you and Daesung to meet. We'll be leaving two weeks after school let's out." mom said.

I sighed and nodded my head indicating that I understood. I walked upstairs, did my homework and went to sleep.