Scroll 30: His Change, His Death

8 Days After the World Congress
Balbadd

"Right now, you may not have an audience with His Excellency, the General Commander. Only Prince Koumei and Kouha can." A soldier whispered to his to co-soldier. They feared for their country's future. Koumei sighed and reported to his brother.

"I put together all the information coming from different sources. The fact that Hakuryuu led a revolution and killed Gyokuen is the truth. He led a small corps from the Southern Plateau, really far from Rakushou and invaded it in a single move. It should have been impossible because of the transfer circle. Only three people can use it. Yamraiha, Scheherazade and myself."

"Judar..." Kouha said to himself. He caught it fast and apologized before explaining that it would be the 'Priest's' magic. They all debated about the case when Kouen's household members came and stated that Hakuryuu was really planning to overthrow the current Kou Empire. Ren Kouen's position which was illegitimately given by the traitorous Ren Koutoku and Ren Gyokuen. All of the people who will oppose the edict will be executed. Those were Hakuryuu's exact words. The conversation heated up until Kouen spoke and said that he will be the one who will drive him into a corner.

"I have no intention to obey Hakuryuu."

"Well then, we will follow you no matter what."

Azami's Location
Towards Balbadd
Azami's POV

Flying around took some time but I was able to reach Balbadd soon. I dropped by and talked to Kouen about his plan. It seemed like they were also set on fighting him. I asked the red head commander where Alibaba was right now and he told me that they didn't come back. I suddenly had an ominous feeling. Shit.

"Thanks for the information. By the way, Kouen? If you were to make a decision, would you destroy the magi system and make this world an independent one?" I stared at his blazing red eyes. He looked back and scoffed.

"That system is some trash. It tried to control and determine what is to be right and wrong of this world when in turn it should be us who should judge it. A crime can never be always ought for damnation but could be for the betterment of the world." Those were his words. I smiled before flying back with my magic cloth. Using the rukh as pathway, I flew along with it.

Alibaba and Aladdin
Towards Hakuryuu

"Let's go to Rakushou! We have to meet Hakuryuu."

"Aladdin, I can't just look on from afar if Balbadd will end up involved in a war. I will fight anyone who will invade Balbadd even if it's Hakuryuu." Alibaba announced. Aladdin looked away for he knew that that will be his answer. It was his country after all. The blue haired magi asked him if there was anything they could do before a civil war breaks in Kou. Alibaba's answer was Alma Torran.

"People shouldn't use their metal vessels to fight against their friends right? Hakuryuu's enemy is our common enemy and he probably doesn't know that. If we don't defeat it, everyone in the world will die! If he hears the story, he'll definitely abandon the thought of waging war in Kou. We're the only ones involved in the succession war of the Kou Empire after all."

"You're right!"

Alibaba told him that they couldn't give up easily and Aladdin understood that. The magi saw how hardworking he was and knew that he didn't meet him by chance. It was destiny. Not too long, they reached Rakushou. There was a barrier surrounding it so they stopped. A scoff alerted them and that was when they noticed Judar behind them.

"Judar!"

"Huh? Where's Azami? I was hoping she would be here for some battle. Tch. And yes, that's a barrier you're seeing right there."