Epilogue

Vote Now!

"Let me hold her one more time," Miracle whispers hoarsely. The doctor nods at her and walks her into the room. The bed is now clean with new sheets, and Desiree's body is now clean. The blanket covers her body until it reaches her chest where the blanket cuffs. Miracle chokes back another sobs as she stares at her angel, a set of fresh hot tears blurring her vision. She walks to her bedside and cuffs her check in the palm of her hand.

She relinquishes a heavy sigh at the faint warmth present on her skin. Miracle climbs into the bed with her love, trying to avoid touching or starring at her patched up and bandaged wounds. She wrapped her arm around her waist, now conscious of how small it is, and pulled her a little close. It's as if they'd reversed roles, except Miracle has never been lying on a hospital bed not breathing. D was always the one to wrap her arms around Miracle, trapping her in her virile grip, and pull her close. It's in that moment that Miracle realized how peaceful D looked, as if she was sleeping. She always had been the most vulnerable when she slept.

Miracle let her hand run up her body, tracing her curves. She will be with D again soon, another piece of her. She placed her hand on her tummy tilting her head back to stop more tears from falling. "I will love you forever and ever. I will never love anyone else, because no one else will ever touch me in the way that you have."

Miracle was pulled from her thoughts at the sound of Axel babbling in his carrier. She looked over at him and then down at the ring on her finger. D always wanted a baby boy. She had a thousand and one reasons why, but Miracle sees the main one as she wanted to raise a leader and teach him how to treat people of the world, especially woman.

Her heart aches when she looks down into her son's deep chocolate orbs and realizes that he will grow up without the phenomenal presence of his other parent. Miracle would never be able to recuperate for D, given that D was a complete erudite. She would never be able to teach her boy the things D could teach him. She could never fill both places.

So today, just like every other day, she talks to Desiree's ashes. She informs her of her hopes that their baby son A, is blessed with D's wisdom and aspirations encoded in his DNA. Miracle is scared to face the journey alone, as if childbirth without D wasn't scary enough.

The nine months she was pregnant she stayed with her parents. She was scared to go to D's house for it would devastate her even more. Miracle couldn't help it but for most of her pregnancy she blamed herself. She cried every day and dreamt of D every night. She would wake up crying and screaming after nightmares of watching D get killed. But the worst ones were the ones that felt real, when she'd dream of waking up next to her chocolate orbs that resembled pools of honey. Miracle's throat went dry and her eyes burned with unshed tears whenever she started to talk about her. She would cry until her eyes turned red. It's a pain that would probably never fade. One day her son will ask about Desiree, and she's almost certain her name will cause great heart ache to the point she won't be able to get her words out. She fears nobody will ever be able to fill the void that she carries after losing D.

It still hurts today, as bad as it did a year ago as well as when she was pregnant with A.

Miracle's family has been more than helpful. They motivate her to get up every day, to continue having faith in the baby and working on building a business. Aaron and the rest of D's friends have also been very helpful. They found that Heather and Cochise had agreement not to kill D, just scare her. But Cochise took plans into his own hands, and then things got out of hand. It still pains her to know that she's gone. Gone so soon, over something so petty and childish; jealousy. Miracle isn't sure exactly what happened but she was informed that the two were found beaten so bad they were hardly recognizable, then they were charged for  several things including 1st degree murder.

It wasn't until little D was born that some of the pain subsided and she rose out of her paralyzing depression. Axel was born into the world and Miracle saw an exact replica of D. Her same exact curly hair, button nose, pink lips, big ears and deep chocolate brown orbs as eyes. She smiled so hard when she saw that face. It was like seeing D again. It had been too long.

Things did get much better for Miracle. Soon she felt comfortable enough to move back into her and D's home. Aaron would occasionally visit to check on Miracle and talk to D's ashes. He'd also grown an attachment to A so he comes to watch him too. Miracle doesn't mind, if anything Aaron probably sees D in A too. It's the closest we'll ever get to her again.

Desiree had a plan just as expected. She left everything to Miracle. Desiree had things Miracle didn't even know about and so much money she never knew she had.

As Miracle went through Desiree's things it was like she was learning more and more about her. Even beyond her physical existence she succeeds in intriguing Miracle. She found little notes and letters, some to Miracle and others her letter to different states and countries. A lot of them had been sent back to her. Miracle knew D's parents abandoned her at a young age, but she was never aware that she was trying to reach out to them. Miracle picked up a random letter and skimmed the words.

"She's so amazing. I love her and I would really love for you all to meet her one day. You may not have loved me, but you will love her. She's the epitome of beauty...She truly is my Miracle"

She quickly realized that some of the letters were about her. She grew cheerful just reading through the letters. It was like following a trail to get to the treasure. It was as if she was actively participating in the conversing herself, watching plans unfold.

Miracle places D's beautiful cased ashes back over the fireplace as she picks A up from his carrier. "Mommy and Ma loves you Axel," She cheers bouncing him on her side. He lets out an excited shriek and babbles some more pointing to the vase of Mongolia flowers and then to Desiree's ashes.

Miracle picks up the flowers and places them next to Desiree's ashes. "You're so smart just like your Mother aren't you Axel?"

He nods.

"You love your Mommy D?" She asks pointing to the picture of Desiree that sits next to the vase.

He nods again, his eyes wondering.

Miracle felt warm in that moment. The same feeling she got whenever D embraced her. She was going to be alright. She knew Desiree was with Axle and her.

Everybody knew of D, but only the right people really knew her. She was humbled, reserved, wise, funny, and super kinky. She was gifted with a beautiful mind and soul.

"I will always love you Desiree."

xoxo

THE END

vote!

comment!

Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out my other stories! I have another girlxgirl coming soon in 2017! Details on my profile!