Four

Dear Diary,

We just got done with discovery testing and I'm actually talking to Sage. I guess she's is getting better. I mean she's not my best friend but oh well she's better. Her life has been hard because her best friend died of suicide last year. She's been kind of alone ever since that. I feel bad but I don't because she can be a real you know what sometimes. 

Sage has a diary to that is like mine. I'm one of the main characters and like I said I feel bad. She puts her heart into that and I don' know I just feel bad. 

Sage's life literally sucks. I would hate to be her, no one likes her she lost everything with her parents being divorced and Allie, her best friend, that died of  suicide. Well we all have our problems. So why should I feel bad for her I mean I'm popular she can have all the problems she has and I'm not gonna feel bad for her. 

OK OK I know that's mean. And I guess I'm only doing that because my dad died from cancer 6 months ago. I try not to talk about it because he was always there for me and now he can't be because he's not here. People like Sage and me have to stick together even though she can get on my nerves. But she's pretty cool so why don't I just give her a chance. 

She I think I will give her a chance. But I still don't know. It's hard because I don't know how people in my "group" will handle it if I'm nice to her. They all don't like her but now I'm literally the only one that she can rely on because Allie is gone. Sage was being dumb but I know her and the only reason she was doing it was because of Allie and her parents. 

I always ask Sage who her best friend but she says it's not me. I know her and I'm the only one she even talks to anymore so I know that I am her best friend.