Pathetic

The fun had all died away.

Now, Jesse sat patiently. humming a rhythm from somewhere forgotten. The same old cell held held the two. Jesse remember Hira saying something about a power she didn't know she had. What had she said? You can turn nothingness into beautiful hope, and determination. Maybe Jesse did have that power. That was almost what she had been doing with her pep talks since before the witherstorm, but how was that connected to turning blocks into other blocks? 

"Nothing built can last forever," Jesse quoted from a book she had once read long ago, "within every block lies the potential to create, or destroy. What comes of those blocks, is up to those who wield them." 

Confused, Jesse thought for a moment, "that doesn't make it my power, everyone can do it." 

She quickly decided that Hira must have been confused, she had done so much wrong for her brother that it wasn't far from imagination.

Suddenly, shouting echoed down the stairwell, "I'll kill you! I'll kill you for it! You're not worth killing, doing that would be mercy after what you've done."

Another, more recognizable, evil voice responded, "the debt I am owed evens the scale, I am worth more than you could ever pretend to! Letting your leader, your friend, your lover fall away, only to lose the only other person you would have given your life for right under you're nose!"

The pained shouting fell to silence, and Herobrine scoffed, "you're more pathetic than I had first thought, killing you will be so satisfying."

"Kill me?" Panic arose in the raspy, torturored voice, "I thought—"

"You are too weak, I'll leave you here to die instead." 

There was no noise after that, except the sound of a heavy footsteps.

the new prisoner, wore goggles, perched atop short cut hair that was covered in grimy caked-on dirt. His face, with a thin nose, and blue eyes full of sorrow, was also mud splattered, in fact he was entirely covered in it. From his spiked shoulder guards to the book in his hand, which aside from being worn and dirty, seemed to have dried blood on its cover. He never looked up, not noticing Jesse or the oblivious sleeping Petra. 

Herobrine pushed the boy to the ground of a cell on the other side of the thin corridor. "You're pathetic," he hissed, "Goodbye." 

That was when Jesse realized why he looked so familiar, "Lukas!?" The called out. 

The blonde, smiled a hopeless smile, "heh- hey Jesse, what's up?"