The Bitter End

Jesse couldn't remember seeing anything, her vision went black. She could hear the shouts of her friends. What was she doing? The full moon must have come, she decided that must have been what had happened. She felt helpless. She tried her very hardest to stop, these were her friends she needed to stop. Nothing worked, the more she struggled, the less she could hear. Jesse relaxed, maybe they would forgive her, maybe they would understand how she lost control, that she had been unaware. As she thought it, her vision became clear. The control spell was doing its best to do what Jesse didn't want to happen. Soon, Jesse could see what was going on. Her sword aimed right at Petra's heart. What was she doing? Petra was her friend! Lukas suddenly jumped forward and deflected the blow with the sword. Jesse couldn't believe what she did next. She brought her sword up and brought the sharp part of the blade into Lukas's arm, leaving a deep cut that was beginning to bleed. Lukas howled in pain. Jesse would have cried. She was hurting her friends, she was going to kill them! She needed to stop, but she couldn't. 

How were they supposed to get Jesse to drink the nectar if they could barely get near her? Lukas thought as he moaned in pain. He knew Jesse didn't mean to make things so difficult, but it would help if she could stand still. They had brewed a few splash potions of health with the nectar boiled in, Lukas dropped one weakly, his arm healed perfectly. He wished she could make a splash potion of the nectar, but the gunpowder changed the effects of the potion. Lukas noticed something, Jesse still shouted in almost a battle cry way when she was fighting, probably out of habit. Lukas opened a jar of  the nectar and splashed as much as he could into Jesse's open mouth, this made her stop, taken aback. She didn't see Petra's sword, she didn't block it, and suddenly, there was a sword sticking through Jesse's chest, she fell to the ground. 

"Lukas," she moaned, "I love you." 

Lukas didn't say anything, he simply kissed Jesse, only drawing back when he felt her go limp. She was gone, Lukas couldn't believe it. It had been four months since he had a conversation with Jesse and now this? Lukas felt pure rage pour over him, all he could remember, is feeling satisfied when Hira turned to smoke, and then disgusted with himself, then he fell down fainting from exhaustion and blood loss, but he didn't care, Jesse was gone.