Chapter Nineteen

Slash

"Slash. Hey, Slash, wake up." 

The gentle, circular rub of a large hand on my back felt so good, but not good enough to wake me. It was a late night that night and we had an early morning, so I was no where near ready to begin the day. 

More long, wide circles, creating friction with the blanket and warming my skin, and the tug of sleep began calling me back in with arms of solace and a voice as soft and sweet as Duff's had been. I let out a happy moan, then a quiet, dissatisfied groan as his words registered, and I buried my face into the pillow, a silent refusal. 

Duff knew what that gesture meant. It meant, "Nope, no fuckin' way."

"Alright, baby, sleep a few more minutes. I'm gonna go get coffee and stuff, okay?" His fingers brushed the hair from the side of my face, and when he placed a peck on my cheek I felt his lips tighten and stretch as he grinned. 

I smiled with a satisfied sigh, nuzzling my pillow contentedly before I pulled the blanket closer to my face and knocked back out, hearing the door almost silently as he went on his way.

I didn't hear the door open again, but I did feel when he laid on the bed beside me, his warm, familiar, comforting weight and presence hardly stirring me, but relaxing me instead. The only thing I wanted was to have him hold me while I snored the day away, though I knew there was a snowball's chance in hell he'd actually allow it. Not when prior obligations were at hand.

"Sweetheart," Duff's voice was as soft as the soothing circles he was rubbing on my ass, but that tended to put me back to sleep rather than rouse me, "c'mon, you gotta wake up. It's been fifteen minutes and we gotta leave for this in an hour, so ya need to get up."

"Nuh-uh," I groaned back with half-hearted irritation, rolling over onto my stomach and completely hiding my face in the pillow. Fuck that interview, I wanted to sleep.

"It's cute when you're all grumpy and sleepy, baby, but you still need to get movin'." The rubs on my ass moved up to my back, longer, even more tranquilizing circles. "Cooooome on, Slash. Wake up, wake up."

"I'm not grumpy..." The words were muffled as I growled, starting to indeed feel pretty grumpy. My head raised from its feathery hiding place just long enough for me to drawl out, "I'm just tired, Duff. Let's call 'em and tell 'em to fuck off."

"We can't," he sounded more urgent now, his tone and words more terse, and I took note of the strong whiff of coffee that soaked through my pillow shield. Shit, that smelled good, but not good enough to fuckin' move. "Come on, get your ass up. Get dressed, have some food with me, then we gotta go."

"Noooo." I'm not sure if it was a whine or a groan, but I did know that a split second later Duff flew off the bed and my nice warm blanket cocoon was mercilessly ripped from me and thrown to the floor, and I didn't even try to fight him for it. Pfft, I didn't care. Duff could stare at my naked ass all he wanted, but I wasn't gonna get off that fuckin' bed any time soon.