Chapter Eighteen- The Nightmare

Jack awoke, a scream escaping his lips as he sat up, sweaty and out of breath. Dark opened his eyes, and sat up, wrapping a protective arm around Jack. He kissed the boy's green hair, trying to comfort the shaking boy. Jack turned, burying his face into Dark's cold chest. His eyes widened, and hopped out of his grasp, stumbling out of the bed. A deep blush washed over his face, as he realized how exposed he was.

"Jack, what's wrong?" Dark yawned, stretching his arms.

Jack shivered, and looked out the large window. The sun was rising over the neighborhood, casting a warm glow over Jack's sore body. Dark stood up, walking carefully towards him. Jack backed away, putting a hand out in front of him.

"Stay back," Jack breathed in a panicked voice.

"Jack. Talk to me. Please," Dark pleaded, reaching out to him.

Jack darted away, and opened the bedroom door. Dark was already on the other side, a concerned look on his face. Jack burst into tears, and dropped to the floor, rocking back and forth with his arms around his knees, and his face hidden. Dark knelt down, brushing his messy strands of green.

"Jack?"

"Mark. I want Mark," Jack cried.

Dark growled, and stood up, clenching his hands into fists. "Mark is no longer with us," he growled.

Dark turned, facing the hallway, breathing deeply to calm his anger. Why couldn't Jack just let go of Mark? Jack stood up, shaking and crying. Dark turned, right into a fist, and fell back in surprise. Jack hopped over him, darting across the hall. Dark roared out in anguish and appeared at the top of the stairs. Jack slammed right into him, sending them both rolling down the steps.

Dark hit the bottom step first, moaning as his broken body sprawled out on the wood flooring. Jack fell beside him, his head smacking hard against the floor, instantly knocking him out. Dark gasped, and sat up, despite the pain riddled through his own body.

"Jack! Jack?" Dark breathed, brushing his cheek with his broken hand.

He grabbed his wrist, snapping it back into place. He clenched his teeth at the pain, but pushed it aside to focus on Jack. Luckily, he didn't look like he had any broken bones, but the blow to the head knocked him out. Dark stood up and scurried to kitchen freezer, and pulled out an ice pack. He dashed back over to Jack, and placed the pack on the back of his head, which had a welling knot.

Dark sat back against the stairs, waiting for Jack to wake back up. Suddenly, a knock on the door made him jump up, black eyes wide in panic. He picked up Jack, and vanished to the cellar. He lay Jack gently on the cold floor, and disappeared back upstairs, grabbing his sunglasses off the counter. He slid the shades on, and approached the door.

"Hey," Dark faked a cheerful tone.

Matt and Ryan stumbled into the house, Dark holding in his irritation of them letting themselves in.

"Hey, Mark! Where's Jack?" Ryan asked, plopping onto the couch.

"He went out shopping. Just as you two should. That outfit isn't your best, Matty," Dark said with sarcasm.

"Oh, ha ha. Well, tell us when you two are free. We want to go to dinner with you love birds," Matt said, shaking Dark's wrist, so the silver 'J' wiggled in front of his face.

Dark forced a smile, and motioned them out. Locking the door behind him, he began to make his way to the cellar. A cold aura surrounded him, a strange pain in his gut knocking him against the wall. He balanced himself, breathing heavily, forcing the strange feeling aside. When he grabbed the door leading down to the main cellar door, the handle burned against his skin. He yanked his hand away, yelling in surprise.

A strange high-pitched sound echoed in his head, making him grab his temple, and drop to his knees. The deafening sound faded, contorting into a cynical laugh. The cruel sound was more remorseless than his own laugh. It sent chills down his spine.

It was cold enough to strike fear into darkness.

Guess who's coming out to play? Hhehehe... anyway, please comment. I feel so lonely, Hhaha, love you shippers <3