Chapter Twenty Three- Tired

Troye Sivan is love and life. Love it's dark, unique tone. If you don't know him, he's an amazing, young artist, and manages to make me smile, and sad at the same time.  Anywayyyy, here we go.

**Antisepticeye's POV**

I stood in the shower, letting the warm water wash away the grimy layer of sweat on my skin. I rolled my shoulders, cracking my tired bones. An unexplained sigh escaped my lips, and I shut my eyes, letting my thoughts melt into my burning head.

I blinked over my heavy eyes, finding myself in my own thoughts. A heavy, dark fog hung around the once bright, lively place known as Jack's mind. The darkness was taking over faster than I had expected, and I'm sure I haven't been helping any. I looked out across the growing darkness, spotting Jack sitting in one of the few remaining places of light. He looked up, his bright, ocean blue eyes landing on me. His eyes were puffy from crying, and skin more pale than usual. He wore what I had been wearing earlier, before I hopped into the shower: a black v-neck, and black jeans. His feet were bare against the freezing emptiness. 

"What. The. Fuck?" Jack growled, shifting so he was on his feet. 

He didn't move from his place in the light, afraid the darkness may consume him. I made my way over to him, keeping my eyes to the swirling fog hovering over the floor of Jack's mind. I stopped about a yard from Jack, afraid my own dark aura may corrupt the light protecting him.

"Jack... I-"

"Fuck you, Anti," Jack growled, clenching his hands into tight, shaking fists.

The fog stirred. Pulsing. I parted my lips, but no words came out. I didn't have an adequate explanation for my actions. Jack burst into tears, and reached out to grab me. The instant his hand broke through the circle of light he stood in, all remaining rays turned to black. The dark fog shifted to pitch black, a cold, icy breeze cutting through the air around us. Jack wrapped his hand around my collar, snarling angrily in my face. Although his eyes were still blue, I could see myself in them. The darkness.

"Jack. Fight this. Mark needs you to keep fighting."

"Why should I keep fighting? You are my fight, and you've given up on me!" Jack cried out, shoving me to the ground. 

"I haven't given up on you. You can't let me take over, Jack!"

"You are already in control! I have no reason to fight, if I have no reason to live.

"Mark is your reason to live!"

"But you won't get him back for me!"

"Maybe I don't want him back!" I yelled, getting back to my feet.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Maybe I haven't gotten him back for you because I don't want him back... you don't want him back."

"Shut up," Jack growled, and turned his back to me.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, our emotions melding as one. I breathed in his love for Mark. His love for his fans. His love for living. And his love for Dark. He shuddered beneath my touch, feeling the same emotions. I opened my eyes, staring intently at the back of his head. Jack's shoulders slumped, and he sighed. 

"I want what you want, Jack. And you want Dark. But you love Mark."

"I'm so confused, Anti," Jack cried, turning into my arms. 

I wrapped them tightly around him. Protectively. I admired the little Irish boy. He was an inspiration, and no matter how much I loved Dark, I had to let him go. For Jack.

"I don't know why I like him," Jack cried.

"I do, Jack. It's the darkness. You're attracted to it, just as Mark is attracted to it. Danger excites you."

"What do you mean, Mark likes it?"

"I can see it in Dark's eyes. The beat of his heart. Mark likes me, just as you like Dark. Yet your love for each other is powerful enough to keep you alive in the darkness."

"I can't fight the darkness much longer, Anti. I can feel it... consuming me," Jack whispered, blue eyes flickering black for a moment. 

I let out a shaky breath, and nodded. "This will be over soon. I promise.

My voice cracked, and I looked away.

I blinked back into reality, tears rolling from my black eyes. It hurt to cry, and what came out wasn't normal. A drop of blood streamed down my cheek, washing away with the now cold shower water. I wasn't meant to cry, and my body kind of rejected the motion. I hunched over, and threw up around my feet, blood still dripping from my eyes.

I couldn't live much longer. I could feel Jack fading inside me. Dark had to go.