Chapter Three

Friday

Dear Diary,

Bored. Bored. Bored.

Decided to be good from now on. Sanction is not fun! There's nothing to do and no one to talk to. . . (Like I'd want to talk to those losers anyway!) Can't have lunch with Megan. Only good thing is. . .no lessons! Yesss! We've gone on laptops all week and answered stupid quizzes about the subjects we would have been in. At the start I thought it would be okayy but I feel so claustrophobic and I just need my own space. I am never doing this again. . . -.-  ♪ A good excuse to be a bad influence on youu ♪

"Polly Digby?" Mr Leonard interrupted my train of thought and I quickly slammed shut my journal.

"Yes, Sir." I responded automatically. He shouldn't be here. It's first period Friday so he should be teaching my class. Half my class are in Sanction so I guess he can afford to give the rest a sub.

"You're allowed out today. At lunch bell, you may go." He informed me as if he were letting me out of Prison.

I thanked him, finally the week was over. I continued working until the lunch bell, not concentrating much but as soon as I finished I would be allowed out. The lunch bell was my saviour; I logged off my laptop, grabbed my bag and literally jumped for joy! I ran out of the Sanction Centre and straight to the canteen. Well, almost.

As I ran, I bumped into a guy about my age. His pale face made him look as white as a ghost and his white-blond hair was swept to the right so his fridge covered his twilight blue eyes. I'd noticed him in my drama class but he hadn't been in my group on Monday. He seemed to keep to himself and had looked happy when we'd run out of time before we saw his piece.

"Hey-Sorry." His voice was soft like his skin. He took my hand and offered to buy me lunch but I refused immediately. I really wanted to see Megan and catch up on the gossip I had missed.

"Sorry. I have to be somwhere." I turned to leave but he pulled me back towards him.

"Maybe some other time?" He offered and pulled me closer. Our lips met and my stomach tied itself in knots as it recovered from the shock of locking lips with a stranger.

"Maybe." I agreed, unable to say anything else. He walked in the direction I had come from and I headed in the opposite. I pulled out my Blackberry and texted Megan. Picking up a slip of paper that fell out my pocket I read a phone number belonging to someone called Sam.

                                                                    Sam

                                                           07911247906

To: Megan (07845111762)

From: Polly (07766128006)

Hey! Where r u? Got goss 4 u! x

To: Polly (07766128006)

From: Megan (07845111762)

In dorm. Oooooh ;) R u out of sanc? x

To: Megan (07845111762)

From: Polly (07766128006)

Yesss! :D Meet youu there. I'm gettin' snacks x

I grabbed a few snacks in the canteen. I continued to our dorm and pushed the open with my elbow, hands full of snacks! "Hey!" I smiled at Megan who was sitting on her scruffy bed. She'd set out plates and glasses.

"Spill!" She begged and pleaded, tugging the sleeve of my knitted jumper and making puppy-dog eyes.

I showed her the slip of paper that I had found in my pocket and explained how he had pulled me close and kissed me. I wasn't sure how I felt about him as I didn't know him very well. I decided to leave out the part where I got knots in my stomach. "Are you certain I kissed Sam and not some weirdo?" I suddenly doubted myself.

"Of course he's not a weirdo! He's like, the hottest guy in our year! Are you gon'aa call him? Awww, it's so romantic!" Megan nodded and giggled, I hadn't know what reaction I'd get but I reasoned with myself that Megan's way of supporting me was by encouraging me to call him. I told her I would after we ate and watched movies. We didn't have lessons on Friday afternoons, instead everyone - that wanted to - went to a School Meeting in the Conference Room which was the building opposite the Sanction Centre, stayed in the dorms to mind their own business, study in their dorms or spend time in the Community Room. (The actual name of the open space)

_________________________________________________________________

Did Polly really want to see Megan or was she making excuses to not go out with Sam? ♥ ♥ ♥

What do youu think of this chapter??? I'll upload as soon as I can! :D