Chapter Four

After being in Sanction all week and the situation with Sam, I really needed a day to relax and enjoy myself. Megan had been thinking of a shopping trip and I agreed this would get my mind off things.

First we had to sign out, unfortunate but true. Lots of people had already signed out because most of the students go to the Main city at the weekend. We signed our names and checked the time we had to return - the staff only allow people to be out of the school premises for seven hours. But only between 10am and 8pm depending on their age and reliability. We signed out at 10:30am so we had to be back at 5:30pm.

We took the double decker bus that stopped outside Blue Meadows into the ciry - it only took ten minutes so I didn't mind that the bus was overcrowded. Megan literally dragged me to the music store as soon as the bus stopped outside the Main shopping centre. Flicking through the CDs, Megan grabbed a couple every so often and piled them in my arms. "Do you have enough money for all these?" I asked, laughing as she took another CD off the rack. "£22?! For one CD!"

"Of course, I don't!" Megan said, confidently. "But I'm just giving youu a selection of what we could get. So. . .choose one, my treat for you." She stroked her curls and gestured to the pile we had organised on the shop floor. The decision was easy - Lady Ga Ga - was the only singer I had actually heard of. "Good choice. I don't even know what the others are!" She giggled. Figures, I thought.

Next we went to a beauty salon. Megan got a french manicure and I got my hair cut, shoulder-length, with layers and electric blue streaks. A professional make up artist made us look stunning and we walked across to the Photo Gallery opposite to have a photo shoot. It lasted for two hours and we had a laugh, posing for the camera. "I feel like a supermodel!" Megan exclaimed when we came out.

"You look like a supermodel!" I agreed.

After the shoot, we went to Bella Italia and ordered a large bowl of pasta to share. It was delicious! At 3 O'clock when we finished and the sun was starting to dim we decided to catch the bus. We had spent most of our money so there was no point wandering around for the next few hours.

When we arrived back at Blue Meadows, we had to sign in. We went to our dorm and relaxed. Megan show me how to make face masks. We layed on our beds for a while, thinking about nothing in particular. We washed off the face masks and sat back on our beds. I got up to use the bathroom and when I came out I noticed a slip of paper that had been pushed under the door. I picked it up and showed it to Megan.

                             To Polly,

                             Thanks for yesterday. It was Magnificent. Great. Wonderful.

                            Are you busy today?

                            From Sam

"How'd he know our dorm? I never told him my name. What should I do?" I knew I wanted to see Sam again. That kiss had been unbelievable even if I didn't feel anything for him. But I should focus on getting my standards up. Show my teachers, especially Mr Leonard, that I could be good.

"We should follow him! Find out where his dorm is!" Megan was ecstatic. She honestly believed there was something between us.

"Maybe later. I need to focus on school because my Grandma's coming next week!" I felt like I was disappointing her but it was between me and Sam not her.

_______________________________________________________________

What do y'all think? Should Polly go out with Sam?

Anyone ready for Chapter Five? <3