Chapter Seven

If any day could be perfect, today would have been it.

It started like any Saturday at Blue Meadows – shower, breakfast, shopping with Megan, movies in our dorm but then there was a knock on the door. I was really into the film so Megan answered, after a short pause our guest and Megan came in.

Long, layered hair rounded his face with heavy white-blond bangs covering his forehead. A shy smile appeared on his pale face as his intense green eyes focused on my soft blue eyes. I usually saw him in Graphics so this was a surprise. He pointed at me and then the door, Megan didn’t follow us.

I had no time to worry about my ‘lazy’ clothes or lack of make up because as soon as the door shut he held my cheek in his gentle hands and quickly pressed his lips against mine. Wow, that was unexpected. Even though I was shocked, I didn’t pull back.

“Sam.” I whispered, getting my breath back. He hugged his arms around my waist and I rested my head against his firm chest. “This is so . . .” I couldn’t finish.

“Surprise!” He kissed me again. “I just realized, how much you mean to me.” By this time he was practically beaming and I could almost see a glow surrounding his entire body.

We head back inside, fingers intertwined. Megan looked up at us and tried to hide her beaming grin behind her curls. He couldn’t keep his eyes off me.

We sat on the foot of my bed and watched the end of the movie. Our lips found each other, again, in the darkness. My heart continued to thump hard against my chest and I was caught in the moment. Electricity coursed through my veins. It wasn't the first time we had kissed but this time we both felt the buzz. It felt as though the world had stopped spinning and there was only the two of us, locked together for an eternity. We were drunk on the essence of such an intimate, soul shattering kiss.

*   *   *

I wasn't expecting any gifts for Valentine's Day even though Sam and I were officially an item now. I never got presents or cards because I didn't really see the point of showering your partner in lovely gifts when you could do that any time of the year! It all seemed pointless. So when I woke up to the scent of fresh red Chrysanthemums I was a little surprised!

I sat up and stared at the beautiful flowers spread out on my bed; each was placed perfectly beside the next. Red and white rose petals were scattered in between and soft music played on my CD player - Christina Perri's A Thousand Years! My favourite song and it fit the moment beautifully. I noticed a small card where my feet were.

                                                                I love you Polly

                                                                      Sam x

This week was half term so after carefully moving all the flowers and standing the card on my desk, I walked slowly over to the building where Sam's dorm was. I knocked lightly on his door and tip-toed in. I snuggled under his sea-blue covers against his warm body and whispered a thank you in his ear.

A few hours later, I woke up from my nap with Sam. I gently pushed him so he was facing me and pressed my lips against his. His eyes fluttered and his mouth broke into a huge smile.

_______________________________________________________________________________

What do y'all think? :3 (Still editing this!) Loveee <3