Chapter Five

I spent the whole week trying my hardest not to get Sanctions or detentions. I even spoke to Mr Leonard and my English teacher to get some extra help for the upcoming exams in May. I emailed Grandma almost every night and she confessed something to me that I would have never thought possible.

To: PDigby_Angel@yesmail.com

From: TBlackthorn_Healer@yesmail.com

Subject: Secrets and Lies

Hello Polly,

I have a secret that I have kept from you for many years. Your Mother and Father were involved and consequently they died.

Let me tell you what life was like back then by telling a story:

There are only several laws in the Witching World, the most important is:

"Witches are forbidden to fall in love with Humans"

Everyone knows if you disobey this law the punishment is death.

* * *

I am washing up when Theirry comes into the kitchen. "Hey, Mum." She drags a tall teenage boy behind her. I have seen him many times before. They have been inseperable since the day they met. When they were young they were always best friends, playing together every day. Now that they're both sixteen I can tell they are in love.

"Hi, Thea." Phillip waves. Theirry drags him upstairs to her bedroom and I don't see them again until lunchtime. Being a Witch, I should have known Phillip was Human but I couldn't Sense him; it was like he was wearing a shield that protected his real identity.

I let their relationship continue until they were eighteen but then Phillip got down on one knee and held out the most beautiful diamond ring to Theirry. Her eyes glistened as she leapt into his arms and they spun in the moonlight that shone through the windows.

From the moment Theirry was born I taught her about Witches. All the laws, the myths, the traditions, all of the secrets. I shouldn't have let her marry Phillip but I didn't have a choice - They were Soulmates, they belonged in one another's arms.

After their engagement was announced, the whole town was buzzing. Everyone knew about Theirry and Phillip's relationship and wanted to organise the best wedding for them. But Theirry and Phillip had even more news to share.

"I'm pregnant!" Theirry burst out with glee as people from the town helped her try on wedding gowns. They were so proud for the couple and they continued the wedding plans even though they all knew the consequences if the High Council found out.

When the High Council did find out, Theirry and Phillip were Mr and Mrs Digby, living in a small cottage near the forest. Baby Polly was quietly sleeping in her cot, her parents entwined in one another's arms as they looked over at their beautful daughter.

A loud thudding sound forced them to untangle their bodies and answer the front door. "Does a Mr Phillip Digby live here?" Phillip stepped forward and the two men ordered him into the back of their van. Theirry clung to me, not understanding why her true love was taken from her. It took a long while to fully explain what had happened.

"By getting married and having a child you broke the law of the High Council. You fell in love with. . .with a Human." I told her gently.

After that I didn't see Phillip again except a black and white photograph of him in the local newspaper. The report said he had received two gun shot wounds to his head but they hadn't found the person responsible. Also on the front page was a black and white photograph of my very own daughter Theirry. She was planning to escape, move to Australia but the High Council knew about her ideas. She left Polly in the cot, sleeping. She didn't want to put her in any danger but she already was. Theirry died in a car crash on the same day as Phillip. The police thought the same person was responsible. As I grieved I realized it was so lucky that Polly was still asleep in her cot; blissfully unaware that she was now an orphan.

So I took full custody of her and as she grew up she became a troublesome teenager. I sent her away to England. But now I feel so guilty because I don't see my Granddaughter every day. I miss her so much and I can't help feeling I've put her in more danger by not watching and protecting her as much as I should.

* * *

So I hope you see how I feel. I wish I coud explain this all to you in person but you live so far away now. I regret sending you to England but I thought it was the best decision at the time. So I have decided that you won't have to stay. As soon as the summer comes, you can come home if you choose to. Just promise me, you'll email me as much as possible so I can keep an eye on you. I have put you in so much danger! I don't want to worry you but promise me you won't tell anyone about your history and background because They might be listening. They could be disguised as anyone. I sound paranoid, don't I? I'm just looking out for you like your Mother and Father would have done if they were here. I know they're always with you; keep them in your thoughts and your heart every day!

I love you Polly

Love Grandma Thea x

* * *

Grandma's email bought a tear to my eye. I hadn't realized my past had been so complicated. I couldn't bring myself to reply straight away. I decided I would wait three days, when Grandma arrived in England. I knew she might worry but she knew I was safe at Blue Meadows. I wondered if I had any magical powers since I was a Half Breed. I didn't want magic powers though, I just wished my parents and Grandma were by my side. I thought of what Grandma had told me Keep them in your thoughts and your heart every day! and I understood my parents and Grandma were always with me even if they were physically there, they would always be on my mind.

_____________________________________________________________

What do y'all think?

This is when Polly's Story starts to get really complicated so youu might want to keep re-reading these next chapters to really understood them.

Thankyouu everyone that have read, commented, fanned, voted, tweeted, Facebook liked, promoted etc I honestly appreciate it!

My dream would be to get to 1000 reads :) I was so disappointed when I deleted some chapters and all my reads disappeared. :( I apologize to those who had their comments and votes deleted when those chapters got deleted. Sorry!

Chapter Six will be uploaded soon! :D I have saved it as a draft so I don't lose it ;)

Loveee y'all x <3 <3 <3