33- Pride.

A/N: if you didn't realize, I edited all of the chapters a little bit. And I also added a short prologue to the first chapter if you'd like to read it.

•••

Evinor Dunn

"You're going to get though this Evie. I know how hard it is losing a family member," My friend Lily patted my back, as I stared blankly at the wall in front of me. We where currently at a funeral for my cousin Stacy— she committed suicide a couple of days ago; and the sad part was, she and I where so close. And she has a lot to live for.

It all started when I received a phone call from my mother, during my visit at "The Spotlight Night Club" close to campus. I didn't understand why she'd chosen to blurt the news out of her mouth, as soon as I answered the phone. I started crying harder than I ever had before— in front of all of my so called friends who ended up laughing at me afterwards.

I spud out of the Night Club, slamming myself into the side of the building as I bawled my eyes out. Stacy wasn't just another cousin of mine, that I rarely seen. She was basically my sister. Before I left for New York, she and her Mom where having troubles. So she came to live with me where we shared a room, clothes. And our secrets.

I drove five hours to Arlington Hills to my mother and Aunt's house. Seeing Stacy's dead body before the ceremony. It wasn't something I could stand, and just accept. I felt so dead and empty inside. Knowing she wasn't ever going to be back if I needed her.

I don't even remember the last thing I said to her. It was most likely mean, because I'm sarcastic in that way. But when I'm mean I never actually mean to make people feel worthless.

Now let's change the subject. To some people, I'm only known as Cole's evil ex girlfriend who faked her death just to break his heart. But I'm nothing like that, I'm a human being who deserves to be treated fairly.

What we had. It wasn't some high school love story that lasted a week. Cole and I, we had something special. The reason our relationship fell apart was because he became aggressive— always telling himself he was trash and worth nothing. So.. you know what I did.

I have long black hair, blue eyes, and a nose piercing. That's as descriptive as I could get. Oh, and I wear black all of the time if that says something about me.

That Cole guy, he's basically Nova's new roommate

My ex roommate Caroline messaged me. And I couldn't help but roll my eyes hearing about my annoying ex boyfriend and extremely annoying roommate. This is why I shouldn't give people advice.

He doesn't even go to the school.

You cheated your way into it. And I know, he's just going to classes with her and— sleeping with her

That fuck up -_-

Why does he even like that slut? I've seen her kiss five guys in the past week.

Really?

Yep..

I'm texting her.

Tell her Regina told you. Because Regina told me to begin with

Kk

I know.. it's pretty damn rude being on your phone, and texting about girl drama when you're at a funeral. This was my cousins moment, so I should be honoring her no matter what. After I text Nova.