Chapter 17 space

I didn't expect space to be so bright. Stars everywhere I look.

"Alright, I got a course for your planet... your planet..." she trailed off. "What was it again?"

"It's earth." I said. "Why do you wants to come here so badly if you don't even know what it's like?"

She looked down for a moment before looking back up.

"I'm always treated badly on Homeworld. Then someone mentioned something about s planet where the rebels are." She explained and then leaned inward. "Some still say that there is still some left on earth."

"Because there is." I said. "I'm one of them... I think but I know who they are."

Her eyes lit up as she sat up again.

"Who are they?" She asked anxiously.

"Well, there's Steven." I being before being cut off by coral.

"What's a Steven?"

"He's hybrid like me but he was born a gem." I explained and tried remembering what Steven told me. "His mom was the leader."

Her hand covered her mouth to keep heralded without screaming.

"You alright?" I asked and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Yes,  I just can't believe it." She replied. "I've always wanted to meet her, what do you mean by born?"

I sighed and sat back a bit.

"It's a human thing..." I trailed off. I'm not gonna repeat what my teacher told the class at Heath...

So I just told her that the leader was gone now and Coral's excited smile disappeared.

She turned back around in her chair and did stuff with the panel.

She must've really wanted to meet her.

I looked back outside and things started moving faster.

"Get ready to get back to earth!"

I slammed to the ground, hitting my head making me dizzy.

"What exactly are you doing?!" I asked and got up, nearly falling over.

"Getting is to earth. What else?" She asked sarcastically. "You might be unconscious for a while."

"What?!"
---

I woke up on the floor, Coral pacing around the entire pod.

Literally, she was walking on the roof!

"Uh... Coral? Are we home?" I asked.

She looked at me then fell off the roof.

"No, not yet." She said and sighed. "But we're getting closer."

That made me feel so much better! I can finally get back to earth and get this crazy adventure over with!

"Oh no." Coral muttered and started frantically pressing buttons again.

"What's with the 'oh no'?" I asked. I hope we're not lost.

"They're back!" She exclaimed as she did something with the panel.

All the buttons hovered up and turned into a cool, floating transparent board. Her hands went in and they moved around.

The entire pod shifted around in random directions, making noises I can't explain how they sound. They were too weird!

"Astrid! Your friend is back!" She said and left the board. "He's gone too far into the serum that made him like he is now!"

"What?! You mean that he's never gonna be the same?!" I asked.

"Yes! The other hybrids got the same amount but were accorded to right placement in their brains!" She explained and something hit the pod. "I can explain more later. Help me with this."

I looked out the window and saw three ships along our sides. How the heck did they find us?!

Coral got back to the board leaving me watching out the windows, the ships moved slightly towards us hitting the side of the pod.

"Coral, they can't get in can they?" I asked as I backed away from the window.

She looked at me and gave me a worried look. Ugh, jeez! Another whirl wind for me!

The doorway opened and Liam and a few other gems were standing inside.

"No go away!" I yelled and tried shooing the away.

Liam just gave me evil laugh before entering.

"What do you want with me?!" I asked and summons one of my bubbles. "I swear you come over, I'll set this off!"

He looked at the bubble then back to me. Smiling.

"Useless failure." He said and got a closer look at the bubble. "Impressive for a test subject."

What?! He doesn't even sound like Liam anymore!

"What did you do with Liam?" I asked. "He's gone because of you!"

"Who's is this Liam you keep mentioning?" He asked and tilted his head to the side. "I'm Pyrite."

"No! You're supposed to be Liam!" I yelled back. "Are you in there?!"

He laughed and I light shot out and bounced across the pod before hitting back into Lia... Pyrite.

My sword clanged against the metal floor and I picked it up. Memories of me being stabbed came in and I couldn't handle it.

Bad enough was that my bubbles started playing them back to me. Showing Pyrite what he did.

"Oh I remember this." He said. "I could've gotten rid of you if it wasn't for that other hybrid."

He fists clenched up and I got scared.

The other people behind Pyrite weren't doing anything just watching. And I don't even know what Coral is doing.

I'm doomed!
---