Chapter 3: Apologies

Tammy P.O.V.

"Tell me more, Shannon!" I begged.

"I've told you everything I can!" laughed Shannon.

"But surely there's more!" I said.

"Quit nagging," laughed Shannon,"I've told you everything you should know."

"SHOULD KNOW?" I asked, "does that mean there's more?"

"Yes, but those things aren't really important. They're mostly about Wild Wolfbloods. That info wont be of any value to you." said Shannon.

"But what if I have to go into the wild unexpectedly like Maddy and her parents?" I asked. "Then I'd need to know." Shannon grinned.

"If you had to go out into the wild unexpectedly, I'd go with you and help you survive," she said, ruffling my hair. "Now, c'mon, lets head to the dark room. We'll talk more there."

I nodded and followed her.

It was the next day and I had walked to school with Shannon. We had struck up a conversation about Wolfbloods, and Shannon had answered every question I had- except for the ones about wild Wolfbloods. She wouldn't talk about them, and that puzzled me. Didn't Shannon like me? Why wasn't she talking about wilds? Well, she was a human. She and Tom had found out about Wolfbloods after they had seen Rhydian transform into a Wolfblood. Maybe because of this she didn't know much about wilds but made it sound like she did. Yes, that was it, I told myself as I smiled happily.

"Hi Shan, hi Tammy!" said Rhydian brightly as he entered the dark room. Maddy and Tom were with him.

As soon as Maddy saw me she scowled. I was hurt. I thought we had made up. Maybe she was mad at me for being in the dark room when I wasn't a member of the photography club. Yes, that was it.

"Sorry, I realize now I shouldn't be here, since I'm not a member of your club," I said.

Maddy gave me a look that said, "Yeah, THAT'S the problem."

"Nah, it's OK, you can stay if you'd like." said Rhydian, smiling at me. Maddy stormed out of the room. Rhydian worriedly looked after her.

"Now I know why she's being so bitter and mean," I thought.

"What do you mean?" asked Shannon. "Oops, I said that out loud, didn't I," I realized and I clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Nothing, nevermind," I said hastily. I hurried out of the dark room and looked around the hall. I couldn't see Maddy, so I took a deep sniff and followed her scent outside and into the woods near the school.

"I know why you're mad and it's pretty stupid," I said to her.

"I'm not jealous," she said.

"I know you're lying," I said.

"I don't like Rhydian, and I'm too young to date,"

Maddy laughed cooly. "I'm not jealous," she repeated.

"I know you're angry that you came home to find your boyfriend was friends with a girl Wolfblood," I said, "and I suppose you have every right to be jealous, but don't be- I DON'T like him." I said.

Maddy just glared at me.

"Well, that's all I have to say; well, other than we should get to class, 'cause the bell just rang." I said. With that, I walked away. Maddy just sat there and didn't follow.
*********************************************************
All day long I thought of Maddy. I didn't care if Maddy didn't like me. I just didn't want her to hate me.